Denver dinner and ride

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 10:40 AM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
Thats a good point Villain;

Prche951 and I have talked about creating a mail list, maybe yahoo or google group for Colorado drivers. Am thinking something like Rocky Mountain Exotics or something like that- basically it would be a mailing list for events, get togethers etc.. I dont want to replace 6speed, Renn* etc, but to supplement. I think allot is missed in the forums from duplicate subjects and simply no knowing where to look. I think it would also remove some of the anonymitity (sp?)- its by luck that some of us know the others. I'll probably throw this out as a new topic after some brainstorming by all involved.

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by villains_turbo
...I wish I knew who all was 6speeders there, cause I had no idea the event there at the Club was going to be as big as it was.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Niels E46 M3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by D33PBLU3
Thats a good point Villain;

Prche951 and I have talked about creating a mail list, maybe yahoo or google group for Colorado drivers. Am thinking something like Rocky Mountain Exotics or something like that- basically it would be a mailing list for events, get togethers etc.. I dont want to replace 6speed, Renn* etc, but to supplement. I think allot is missed in the forums from duplicate subjects and simply no knowing where to look. I think it would also remove some of the anonymitity (sp?)- its by luck that some of us know the others. I'll probably throw this out as a new topic after some brainstorming by all involved.

Thoughts?
I think some sort of google group would be excellent to keep us all "connected" and have a uniform source of meets, etc.

I also didnt know who was from 6speed due to the fact that I missed the Morrison meetup.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:41 AM
Point2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to behold
It was great meeting you guys. I also enjoyed the food and conversation at dinner. Let's do this again.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:47 AM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Provided it wasnt inappropriately used for marketing purposes, I think the group list would be a great idea.

Old 09-28-2008, 11:48 AM
villains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the roughvillains_turbo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Jace
Dave, how did Clay do on the 2 Blinder 20's? Post me some picts of the exterior locations and install and the interior switches.
I had to reschedule, based on my availability to drop off the car. i am hoping he can get me in there next week.

Old 09-28-2008, 12:42 PM
krtrcr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Point2Point
It was great meeting you guys. I also enjoyed the food and conversation at dinner. Let's do this again.

Agreed it was nice meeting you guys and talking cars and F1. How about that race today.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Niels E46 M3 is on a distinguished road
I created a google group. Please join.

http://groups.google.com/group/denver-car-enthusiasts

I will make a few people "managers" so they are able to post up events, etc.

Old 09-28-2008, 01:30 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
I think this should be more "exotics" than enthisiasts- also leaves quite a few non Denver folks out (a few Boulder-ites and a couple of us CoS)

How about this: http://groups.google.com/group/rocky...-exotics?hl=en, I'll add a few administrators if interested.

I have sent invitation to those I have the email for...if you want invited, PM me your email.

thoughts?

Last edited by DEEPBLUE; 09-29-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Great race, even better for the first night event. What's with Ferrari and their pit crew this season?

Originally Posted by krtrcr
Agreed it was nice meeting you guys and talking cars and F1. How about that race today.

Old 09-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Point2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to behold
Great race, even better for the first night event. What's with Ferrari and their pit crew this season?
Ferrari's pit release lights have got to go. Great drive by Alonso.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Banned
Cornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by villains_turbo
Provided it wasnt inappropriately used for marketing purposes, I think the group list would be a great idea.
Colorado Exotic Car Association (CECA) is operates by a private e-list. This keeps the group manageable and you can only get on the list if invited by a member on the list. They are more geared around the track seen and I receive email once every few months. Marketing is prohibited and only a few have access to the list.

This would work great for what we are talking about and I wont have to spend an hour trying to find the next event hidden deep in 996 turbo land.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:54 PM
CECA might be an alternative, we already have a group set up, whatever works for everyone.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cornfed

This would work great for what we are talking about and I wont have to spend an hour trying to find the next event hidden deep in 996 turbo land.
exactly. Also we could have more personal information since we will all know each other and we can get a hold of others if need be. Like yesterday we ended up getting to the gas station late, and we did not see anyone there because we figured we were late. Then we went to the show, but because I cannot recognize many of you by sight I could not find you and we ended up going to the restaurant earlier.

Klaus, was cool and came over to talk to us for a few minutes.

Originally Posted by Point2Point
Originally Posted by krtrcr
great meeting both of you. We'll definitely do this again. Russ, the race was excellent. kinda set the tone when Piquet hit the wall though...then webber just stopped along the track. Looked like he just ran out of fuel or something..Alonso was a good one to win it, it's been a while for him...

Old 09-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
I say we use the group you just set up deepblue

Old 09-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Banned
Cornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the roughCornfed is a jewel in the rough
CECA might be an alternative, we already have a group set up, whatever works for everyone.

I was just saying the group e-list seems to be working for them.

I sent you a pm with my email.

Thanks

Aaron

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Denver dinner and ride