Cars and Coffee-March 14-Park Meadows Barnes and Noble

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 10:35 PM
hipresr is on a distinguished road
Thanx Danny err i mean Ed, for suggesting this lot! The turnout was great. Sorry i did not meet any new faces. I had the slow pos black M5 there.

Old 03-15-2009, 01:11 AM
kwando is on a distinguished road
My first cars and coffee, I drove the yellow turbo charged S2000. I was too busy looking at cars and taking pics that I didn't meet anyone. Look forward to other meets. Here are some of my pics.

http://imageevent.com/kwando/314carsandcoffee?n=0

Old 03-15-2009, 01:15 AM
JDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to all
I gave the girl who worked at that coffee shop and drove an evo the address for 6speed. They might be ready with change next time though so no more free food/coffee for us haha

Old 03-15-2009, 08:14 AM
ldc
ldc is a jewel in the roughldc is a jewel in the roughldc is a jewel in the rough
Great place to meet and the amount of cars was great, now if we could only start filling the parking from the back instead of starting with handicap spots...

dc...er I mean Ed.

Originally Posted by hipresr
Thanx Danny err i mean Ed, for suggesting this lot! The turnout was great. Sorry i did not meet any new faces. I had the slow pos black M5 there.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Point2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to behold
Great event! Good to meet a few new people. Alex and Darren, next time we'll talk more about cars and less about the cost of Microsoft licenses.

Old 03-15-2009, 09:34 AM
acs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond reputeacs-3 has a reputation beyond repute
Best turnout so far...I'll post my pics later.

(had two photoshoots yesterday, need to finish some post-processing on them first)

Old 03-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hipresr
Ed? Not! It was Danny who brought it up once and I ran with it....

Old 03-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
the turnout was incredible with about 100 cars and I hope it gets much bigger. That lot can easily handle 300+ cars with room for customers.

But we need to make sure people move their cars to the back of the lot. We need to leave the front of the lot open for customers.

I spoke with the store manager and he is happy about this. I told him we would make it a point to park far back enough that it would not affect regular customers and that there would be no stupid stiff in the lot. once you leave the lot you can do whatever you please, and the freeway onramp facing the lot is perfect The guy in the supercharged vette was giving rides, that was pretty cool. car sounded really good.

Also, this cannot be a sanctioned event, otherwise a license is needed. we are all enthusiasts just meeting in the lot. Also, since Cars and Coffee is protected event that has begun in cali, we will call outs something different. Cars and Donuts in honor of the police officer car fanatics that visited and enjoyed the cars as well.

This location is awesome and I do hope that the location up north can be changed as well, since it really sucks were it currently is. to crowded and too much traffic in and out of the place.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:14 PM
RAMMAN is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Prche951
Also, since Cars and Coffee is protected event that has begun in cali, we will call outs something different. Cars and Donuts in honor of the police officer car fanatics that visited and enjoyed the cars as well.
Cars and Donuts will please the local Police and attract more of them.
Because of the fact I work for the City of Denver, and because we hosted the Democratic National Convention in Denver.
I was required to go thru several days of intensive Emergency First Responder Training. Anyone that has never been thru this could not understand how important donuts are to the Police and their safety.
Most of this information is classified, however I can tell you that donuts are an important tool to gauge the distance you are from a disaster. If you hold a donut up to your eye and cant see the whole seen, your way too close.
Also the training I received recommends you respond to a disaster with only powered sugar donuts. As this is an excellent tool to judge wind direction. If you hold up the donut and see powered sugar land on your blue uniform, this is bad. As you are down wind and should move to another location immediately.
Well that’s all the secrets I think I can give up for now.

But seriously my thanks to everyone that helped to put this event together, the Denver area has needed this for a long time. Everyone I talked with was having a great time and was very respectful of other peoples cars.

Last edited by RAMMAN; 03-15-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by RAMMAN
Cars and Donuts will please the local Police and attract more of them.
Because of the fact I work for the City of Denver, and because we hosted the Democratic National Convention in Denver.
I was required to go thru several days of intensive Emergency First Responder Training. Anyone that has never been thru this could not understand how important donuts are to the Police and their safety.
Most of this information is classified, however I can tell you that donuts are an important tool to gauge the distance you are from a disaster. If you hold a donut up to your eye and can see the whole seen, your way too close.
Also the training I received recommends you respond to a disaster with only powered sugar donuts. As this is an excellent tool to judge wind direction. If you hold up the donut and see powered sugar land on your blue uniform, this is bad. As you are down wind and should move to another location immediately.
Well that’s all the secrets I think I can give up for now.

But seriously my thanks to everyone that helped to put this event together, the Denver area has needed this for a long time. Everyone I talked with was having a great time and was very respectful of other peoples cars.
Ok, now that was funny I like seeing police officers who are car enthusiasts as I am more likely to get out of a ticket that way

Ramman, was your car the supercharged vette? if it was that thing sounded great. So did the F355 when it left. That thing with open exhaust would have been sweet music.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:29 PM
Ok, now that was funny I like seeing police officers who are car enthusiasts as I am more likely to get out of a ticket that way

Ramman, was your car the supercharged vette? if it was that thing sounded great. So did the F355 when it left. That thing with open exhaust would have been sweet music.
Mine's not supercharged just bolton's and tuning, oh and other people tell me it's really loud.
Here’s a shot of it from yesterday.

Last edited by RAMMAN; 03-15-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:38 PM
looks good, and if you were the one giving rides it sounded like it had a blower. Fooled me, anyway. sounded good.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Point2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to beholdPoint2Point is a splendid one to behold
Ramman, are those wheels new? They look terrific. IIRC, you had the C5 Z wheels on when we met at the Boulder C&C.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Point2Point
Ramman, are those wheels new? They look terrific. IIRC, you had the C5 Z wheels on when we met at the Boulder C&C.
You’re exactly right and thanks, ZO6’s are really tough on the insides of the front tires, and the oem’s on mine only made it 11,400 miles.
So I put on a new set of F1 Supercars and these C6 Motorsports this week. I was going for a more updated look. After all my car is almost 5 years old.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:51 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
Yep, was all Danny and Dennis' fault , I had nothing to do with it

Better turn out that any of us could have imagined- next time I'll socialize a little more, great to see the NSX's in force, definitely wanted to meet the turbo'd S2000, I had an 03 I wanted to do the same thing with.

Ed? Not! It was Danny who brought it up once and I ran with it....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cars and Coffee-March 14-Park Meadows Barnes and Noble