Denver Cars and Coffee

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Justin, thanks. Yes, we already have a North and South CARS AND DONUTS event which is a car enthusiast get together and not some commercial function that limits the number of entrants to only so many of each type. We are doing quite well.

Good luck with this other event

Old 04-06-2009, 12:25 AM
7turbo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Prche951
Justin, thanks. Yes, we already have a North and South CARS AND DONUTS event which is a car enthusiast get together and not some commercial function that limits the number of entrants to only so many of each type. We are doing quite well.

For some reason that makes no sense to me, you guys sure seem to want to bash our event. There has been a lot of negatives posted, and the first show isn't even until May 2nd. I am well aware there are other car show in Denver including one at the Great Indoors. I wish them all well and wish you would do the same for us.

Hopefully, the real car enthusiast can see through some of this and will come out and judge our show on their own. It takes a lot of work to put on the show, find a mall that is willing to allow it, print flyers, do posts etc., without having to spend time answering all these negatives that are put here on behalf of another show.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 7turbo
For some reason that makes no sense to me, you guys sure seem to want to bash our event. There has been a lot of negatives posted, and the first show isn't even until May 2nd. I am well aware there are other car show in Denver including one at the Great Indoors. I wish them all well and wish you would do the same for us.

Hopefully, the real car enthusiast can see through some of this and will come out and judge our show on their own. It takes a lot of work to put on the show, find a mall that is willing to allow it, print flyers, do posts etc., without having to spend time answering all these negatives that are put here on behalf of another show.

can't bash something that hasn't happened. So you will not limit the how many of any one type of vehicle shows up to an event? cool, good luck with it then.

Old 04-06-2009, 01:03 AM
JDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to all

I hope the cute girl is working again and runs out of 1s and gives us free stuff

Old 04-06-2009, 05:33 AM
Hwy Runner is on a distinguished road
I just saw on the C&C website that they've added the Denver events. I'm busy prepping for the Big Bend Open Road Race now, and racing down there in late April, so the early May date works perfectly for my schedule.

Looking forward to coming to the May Cars and Coffee. I've been familiar with the Irvine and Vegas events for some time, and if the Denver event is anything like them, it should be great.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:00 AM
dawk is a jewel in the roughdawk is a jewel in the roughdawk is a jewel in the rough
I did hear that the "cars and coffee" name was trademarked. Maybe the "south" meet should change the name. If anything, it will be another meeting date for the month (May 2nd). 7turbo, you should definitely come next week and meet some of the owners. If the weather holds up it will be a bigger turnout than last month. Is it going to be held on the 1st Saturday of the month, and at the same location? 7turbo, you should post on ferrarichat.com.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:09 PM
JDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to allJDMdoriffftoooo is a name known to all
Originally Posted by nightdriver

When trying to gather numbers of people to direct them tot he "official forum" you must reach out beyond the true car person to the world of rice and rising sun. Unfortunately, that approach comes with many hassles, like burn outs, fights, and body kits.

No thanks, but thanks anyways.
J, your a hater. That is all.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Imola2001 has a spectacular aura aboutImola2001 has a spectacular aura aboutImola2001 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by acs-3
What about "Coffee & Cars"?

Coffee-n-Cars or just C&C for short.

Might be easier to explain to the better 1/2 then if it is called "Smoothies & More"...

Old 04-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
How about "Dudes and Donuts" or "Dudettes" as needed

Old 04-09-2009, 10:15 AM
Club Auto will become famous soon enoughClub Auto will become famous soon enough
I think it would make much more since to get everyone meeting at the same Cars and Coffee. Denver really needs something like they have started in Irvine. I don't think it does Denver any good to have two or three different meets and I think once a month makes the most since.

I would really like to see cars and coffee take off with their May 2nd event since the founder of Club Auto has been friends with the founder of Cars and Coffee was even invited to that very first event 7 years ago with only 6 cars showing up in Irvine.

However, I do not like the location at the Southland mall since it's pretty far away and will only accomidate 200 cars and is possible to outgrow that on their very first event with the national exposure that Cars and Coffee gets.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 04-09-2009 at 01:50 PM. Reason: remove link
Old 04-09-2009, 11:28 AM
nightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to allnightdriver is a name known to all
Here is my thought....

I believe in the people who started the GI meet, and Ferg in north Denver.

I can not believe that a name is trade marked like that, and I think that is part of the problem. When you do stuff that is supposed to be a social group but exclude people and cars based upon sponsor requests ect, there is a problem. It seems to me that there is a timing issue here... Dennis and Chris started the GI meet about a month before these guys come in with the national name ect. and we now have competing groups.

I do not know anyone from the Irvine group trying to start it here... I DO KNOW the people from the north group and I know Dennis and Chris, and that is where my alliance is. Perhaps we all need to get the founders together and get them talking and merge efforts?

Old 04-09-2009, 01:09 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
An invitiation has been extended to Turbo7 and his partner (Bill and Jim?) to attend our meet this Satuday, would be good to meet in person and to have them see what we have going. Of course, we may get shorted due to possible weather.

Fome what I know, I understand they have some time and money invested in their effort, however from our point of view, we already have an established group and ritual, not to say that cant change, but most of us like the location (as opposed to taking the toll road to the other site), we like the people / other groups (yes, even the Vette guys :-) and especially like that it's for enthusiasts by enthusiasts (as opposed to having a "coorperatized" event). I'm sure others could add to this.

This might come across as a unintended dig, but no one knows these guys either which has allot of folks asking questions.

Thoughts/replies/comments?

Several us from SoCo will definitely be there Saturday :-)

Old 04-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Hwy Runner is on a distinguished road
Very cool for everyone to come together- I really think that's the spirit of this whole deal! Huge thumbs up on both sides.

I've met Bill and Jim, and can say that they are great guys, and huge car enthusiasts. I'm confident that once everyone gets together, the efforts on both sides will combine to produce a result that is greater than the sum of the two individual efforts.

I've also met at least a couple of people who have posted in this thread, and from what I can tell, we're all just a bunch of auto enthusiasts.

Can't make it Sat due to a prior committment with my local golf course.

Kudos to all for making the effort.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Well, the C&C coming might be a good thing, but not if it alienates a portion of the nice car crowd. I don't want to have to tell someone not to show up just because all 10 slots have been filled. I never got an answer to that when I asked it last week.

As for the north meet, the problem with it is that it is too far north and many people down in springs will not ever make it. The other problem with that location is that it is way to small and way to crowded.

The South location at the Great Indoors is by far the best location. It is accessible, quite visible and has room for 500 cars. The customer base is small, so even if the event rolls into 12 noon, it is not a problem. I did not car for the amount of customers that showed up late in the AM at the north event. If we are going to do 1 event it should be at the Great Indoors and WE should have the say it what limitations will be placed on the cars.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:18 PM
If we are going to do 1 event it should be at the Great Indoors and WE should have the say it what limitations will be placed on the cars.
Whats the point of limiting cars unless we cant fit anymore? I don't see that being a problem yet.

On another note, I now have nothing to do Saturday but come to this meet. Problem is I was rear ended the other day and my car doesn't like being seen in such bad shape Anyone want to give me a ride from Boulder?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Denver Cars and Coffee