Help Installing Water Meth Kit?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2022, 12:28 AM
ImHereLive957 is an unknown quantity at this point
Help Installing Water Meth Kit?!

Man, I don't think this section is active at all! It's a shot in the dark but here goes!!!!

I'm in the Denver area, I'm trying to see if there are any DIY enthusiast types like me who'd be interested in helping me with my little WMI project for my Cayenne Turbo. I've got a full Snow Performance kit on the way. I know my way around cars, and have all the tools we need. I've been tuning/souping up cars for 15+ years. All DIY. Me and my friends have worked on many platforms over the years. But those friends have moved on with life etc. I'm hoping to maybe make a friend, but mostly just interested in seeing if any competent DIY guys wanna help with a fun, unique project. Not too many people running Water Meth on their Cayenne Turbos! So, it'll be fun in that aspect.

Everything is going to have to be custom, think outside the box stuff. We'll have to figure out where to place the pump and wire it up, where to mount/place the reservoir/tank (I went with a 7 gallon tank baby!), where to wire up stuff in the engine bay, routing of the water/meth lines themselves, where/how to run the wires into the cabin and mount the in-cabin controller, etc.

I'm still trying to figure out where I want to place the nozzles... I talked to Todd at Promotive (big Porsche enthusiast shop, they know their sh*t!), and I'll be going with his recommendation of placing the dual nozzles as far downstream from the TB (throttle body) as possible. I thought about getting the IPD plenum since that's nice and thick/strong metal, it'd be great to tap/drill the NPT nozzles... but it's insanely overpriced and also not gaining anything in terms of ID there.... so I thought about going with my little ebay Y-Pipe I got, with the appropriate silicone couplers/adapters for the ID size differences... but then gotta figure out the other holes for PCV hoses etc that are in the stock y plenum... or I could get that awesome new y-pipe from Fisher Motor Works (https://fishermotorworks.square.site...urbo-y-pipe/15) and drill/tap that. But it's also a little smaller ID than I was hoping. That'd be an easy plug-n-play though with stock fitment of all hoses etc.

So, it's a long shot, but if there's anyone in the Denver area that would like to help me and knows a thing or two about aftermarket performance modding, is a mechanic by trade, or has ever installed a WMI kit on another platform, hit me up! Let's figure something out.

Much love in advance lol
C

kit i purchased

mock up showing y-pipe i got (bigger ID)

mock up showing y-pipe i got (bigger ID