Conversation Between pwdrhound and gjpearce
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. gjpearce
    05-22-2016 07:03 AM
    referred to you by Whereitsat-.
    I just ran Chin Motorsports at Sebring yeaterday. I am/was a novice, now upgraded to solo.At the end of my 3PM run, brakes started getting spongy. 4 PM run was fine- maybe i was not braking so hard???
    I talked to different people at the track but you have been thru this before. The XP Mechanic shop at the track told me i needed new front Brembo's and then they criticized the cross drilled rotors saying they will likely crack. So I walked away wondering are they trying to sell me 4 calipers/rotors because I would like things to match and who has time/money to set the right bias.
    Basically I do not want to limit the car to track use, I would really like to be able to use my siock wheels whenever i feel like it, I do not have an unlimited checkbook, I I would like tp run Sebring high speed events about 5-6 days a year, and car must be streetable.
    Can you offer some words of wisdom/advice. Thank you
  2. pwdrhound
    03-14-2016 01:06 PM
    You have a toe problem. Lots of threads on this. Solid LCA thrust arm bushings and inner mono balls will cure that to a large extent. Feel free to call me to discuss and I can make some suggestions based on what you currently have. I am a dealer for JRZ, Tarett, Girodisc, AP racing, Finspeed, CCW, among others. PM me instead of visitor messaging...

Cheers,
    John..
  3. gjpearce
    03-13-2016 05:00 PM
    Hello
    Robert Mecchi has advised i PM you. I bought his highly modded 996TT.
    I live beside Sebring track and the car is a combined street and track event car. I am somewhat of a novice- been out on the track numerous times, but never with a car of this speed and quality. Robert made a comment that adjusting the suspension would give me better tire life- the rears wear so quickly on the insides- where are you, what are your suggestions- i am new to this forum and if you can steer me in the right directions, I would appreciate it. Thank you