Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

help, which products!?!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 03:06 PM
MagneticBlackZ is on a distinguished road
help, which products!?!?

Hi guys i have a magnetic black 350Z, and its pretty swirled.
Im new to all these high end shampoos and polishes because i mostly used meguires. But i would like to step up to the good stuff and im also gonna buy a porter cable. Could i plz have a good list of shampoos, polishes, polishing pads, waxes, and wheel cleaners plz.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Zaks will become famous soon enoughZaks will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MagneticBlackZ
Hi guys i have a magnetic black 350Z, and its pretty swirled.
Im new to all these high end shampoos and polishes because i mostly used meguires. But i would like to step up to the good stuff and im also gonna buy a porter cable. Could i plz have a good list of shampoos, polishes, polishing pads, waxes, and wheel cleaners plz.
Considering this is only for maintenance of the Z, I would recommend the following:

1. PC random orbital (autodetailingsolutions.com offers lifetime warranty since it's considered Meguiar's orbital... I got mine from there... just something to consider)
2. Lake Country or Meg's Pads
>LC= orange, white, black 6.5" pads.. I absolutely HATE the new CCS pads, so I will recommend the old style, flat or variable contact 6.5" pads... one of each will be enough for you
>Meguiar's... get 2-3 8006 pads and 1 7006 although you probably won't need the 7006 or use it often.
3. 2 5-gallon wash buckets with 1 or 2 grit guards
4. Meguiar's Gold Class soap... available locally and very good quality
5. Meguiar's clay from local auto store (comes with QD I think) or any other fine claybar (claymagic, etc.)
6. Quick Detailer... I use Meguiar's #34.. you can order it by the gallon from autodetailingsolutions.com... I cut it 3:1 #34:water for clay lube
7. Lots of microfiber towels... many regular "polishing" towels and 1-2 drying towels.
8. Painters tape to tape off your trim
9. Pretty stron halogen flashlight and/or the halogen lights on a stand to check your work
10. Polishes... Menzerna or Meguiar's... I use both and both do a great job 99% of the time.. the other 1%, Menz is good for a certain type of finish, and Meg's for another
>Menzerna... SIP & 106ff... you will probably need no more than 12oz. of either, but I would get more 106ff as you can do a light touch-up with 106ff and a white or black LC pad to keep the paint fresh
>Meguiar's... #83, #80, #82 I would recommend picking these up at a local dealer before ordering Menzerna online.. if they work, and from my experience with Nissan cars, they will, you can forget ordering Menzerna and stick with what works.
11. LSP.. My favorite product is Klasse Sealant Glaze because it lasts long and looks good, but as far as LSPs go, you should write them all down on a piece of paper, close your eyes, rotate the paper, and place your finger on one, then order it. The only choice you need to make is whether you want a carnauba based wax, such as P21S, Zymol Carbon, etc., or something like Klasse SG.
12. Misc. As for wheel cleaners, etc. I would recommend P21S or Meguiar's Wheel brightener... Meg's WB can destroy wheels with bad paint, or chrome or polished wheels, so be careful. P21S is more forgiving.

That's all off the top of my head for now, but it's all I use and it's what works great for me.. I'm sure the other quality detailers on here will give you some suggestions and you can go from there... feel free to PM me regarding anything posted here

Old 03-25-2008, 04:02 PM
MagneticBlackZ is on a distinguished road
thank you for recommending me these products and steering me into a good direction.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:26 PM
cellg8 is on a distinguished road
I would go straight to Flex 3401 VRG.. more stabled and doesn't vibrate as much. More powerful, too..takes less time to break down the polish.

Talk to Phil at www.detailersdomain.com or Moe and they'll go over what you need with you.

Old 03-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by cellg8
I would go straight to Flex 3401 VRG.. more stabled and doesn't vibrate as much. More powerful, too..takes less time to break down the polish.

Talk to Phil at www.detailersdomain.com or Moe and they'll go over what you need with you.
Haha that's funny... I opened this up to suggest the Flex over PC, and what do I see... you beat me to it. I'll be picking up a Flex myself very soon

Old 03-25-2008, 06:16 PM
cellg8 is on a distinguished road
LOL..it's good to have PC for smaller 4" pads though still... you can also use PC to clean your seats/carpets by putting on the brush attachments.

However, if you want just 1 machine..Flex is definitely the way to go (IMHO).

Old 03-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
MagneticBlackZ . Let me know if I can further assist you

Old 03-25-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by pyiu
Hey Ivan. Let me know if I can further assist you.
Helping Magnetic with the products or the Flex?