Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Cleaning scuff marks from interior plastic parts!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 10:58 PM
ggarza007 is on a distinguished road
Cleaning scuff marks from interior plastic parts!

What do you guys use to clean and condition the interior plastic parts from scuff marks. Once in a while when someone goes in or out of the car, they accidently rub their shoes as they go in to sit down. I hate when that happens, but what can you do.

Thanks

Old 06-06-2008, 07:45 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ggarza007
What do you guys use to clean and condition the interior plastic parts from scuff marks. Once in a while when someone goes in or out of the car, they accidently rub their shoes as they go in to sit down. I hate when that happens, but what can you do.

Thanks
I clean the interior with Autoglym Interior Cleaner and condition using zymol vinyl and zymol treat. einszett vinyl rubber care is also great. To maintain, use einszett Cockpit Premium. Think of it as an interior detail spray.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:39 AM
J_Edwards will become famous soon enoughJ_Edwards will become famous soon enough
If it is just a dirt scuff, then what Moe said will work awesome. If it is an actual plastic scuff, as in it is something that has physically scuffed the surface, in the past on non-textured plastics I have sanded them down with 2000 grit to resurface it.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
If you have a steamer, they work fantastic on plastic, gets all the grime out from the micro scratching in the plastic.

John

Old 06-06-2008, 03:09 PM
ggarza007 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all of your advise. I will work with some of these recommendations and see how they work.