Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

5 star shine paint sealant

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 07:17 AM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
5 star shine paint sealant

anyone know about this product? if any good ? it seems good.. makes sense about wax melting in the sun..where this product claims it works better when in the hot sun... wonder if it works as well as they claim

Old 07-01-2008, 10:08 PM
JoshVette is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by boca996tt
anyone know about this product? if any good ? it seems good.. makes sense about wax melting in the sun..where this product claims it works better when in the hot sun... wonder if it works as well as they claim
Think of it this way..... put a chunk of wax (carnuaba) and a chunk of plastic (polymer sealant) in your microwave and turn it on high.... They will both melt but one will melt away much faster then the other....

I doubt it works better in direct sunlight, I'll have to call BS on that statement, just marketing right there.

Josh

Old 07-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JoshVette
Think of it this way..... put a chunk of wax (carnuaba) and a chunk of plastic (polymer sealant) in your microwave and turn it on high.... They will both melt but one will melt away much faster then the other....

I doubt it works better in direct sunlight, I'll have to call BS on that statement, just marketing right there.

Josh
I'm not 100% sure about that Josh. Matrix coating hardens with sun exposure, in fact it is baked on the car using infrared light. I'm not really familiar with the 5 star shine, but I thought it was just an oil-water emulsion?

John

Old 07-03-2008, 02:01 PM
JoshVette is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by detailjohn
I'm not 100% sure about that Josh. Matrix coating hardens with sun exposure, in fact it is baked on the car using infrared light. I'm not really familiar with the 5 star shine, but I thought it was just an oil-water emulsion?

John

Forgive my ignorance but what is "matrix coating" some type chemical used in a sealant or wax or whatever?? Never heard of it.
I understand some things bake on and harden like paints and such but I've never heard of a sealant like that.