Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

MoeTip: How to clean exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 12:38 PM
auto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to beholdauto concierge is a splendid one to behold
Write up

Outstanding write up Moe, hit the nail right on the head.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:42 PM
McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !
Awesome write up and pictures. Really looks great. Clean pipes really separates a great detail job from an incredible one.

Old 11-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Mike_SHP has a spectacular aura aboutMike_SHP has a spectacular aura aboutMike_SHP has a spectacular aura about
what car was this done on?

Great job!

Old 11-25-2008, 03:48 PM
McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !
Some more results with a different product

Here are a few photos of a 997 TT's exhaust, before and after. (Don't mean to thread jack, hoping this will add to the thread.)

Process was:
Soak with Prima Mystique
Rub off most of grime with microfiber
Polish with P21S multi surface restorer (amazing product, works really well on a wide variety of applications)

Befores:

Afters:

Old 11-26-2008, 08:59 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mike_SHP
what car was this done on?

Great job!
2009 Mercedes CL63

Old 11-26-2008, 10:02 AM
leadfoot is on a distinguished road
McD what did you use on the inside of the pipes.They look great.I know they are painted black so do you leave them alone or clean them and blacken them with something?Thanks

Old 11-26-2008, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by leadfoot
McD what did you use on the inside of the pipes.They look great.I know they are painted black so do you leave them alone or clean them and blacken them with something?Thanks
Just used the Mystique (auto wash) and let it sit for a few seconds, then rinsed and wiped it out with a microfiber. Nothing to dress the inside, just left it plain. The pics show some smudging on the plastic bits just outside the pipes which was cleaned up after those pictures were taken.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by auto concierge
Outstanding write up Moe, hit the nail right on the head.
Thanks Bob

Old 11-27-2008, 07:10 AM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I have the AWE black tips. Should I use the same process? Is a "Tip Cleaning Bundle" far behind? LOL

Old 11-27-2008, 04:57 PM
jpohl402 will become famous soon enoughjpohl402 will become famous soon enough
tell me-
how does the zymol metall compare to the einszett metallic polish&wax? thanks!

Old 11-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by jpohl402
tell me-
how does the zymol metall compare to the einszett metallic polish&wax? thanks!
Zymol Metall is not a wax, it's a true metal polish. 1z mpw is a polish/wax that's designed for the paint, not metals. Zymol Metall comes in a towlette form and the 1z mpw is a liquid paste that is applied with a microfiber pad applicator. Both have their own unique function.

Old 12-06-2008, 04:02 PM
One more question-
I tried this exact same technique today for over an hour with the same products. My car is an E55 w 55k miles, and the inside exhaust tips have never once been cleaned.
My result is definately better than it was originally, and I know you're doing this to a newer 63 car, but mine is nowhere near this level of cleanliness or perfection.
Should I invest more time and energy with this process, could you recommend anything else, or am i stuck being at about 50% perfect??
Thank you so much!

Old 12-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Premium Sponsor
One more question-
I tried this exact same technique today for over an hour with the same products. My car is an E55 w 55k miles, and the inside exhaust tips have never once been cleaned.
My result is definately better than it was originally, and I know you're doing this to a newer 63 car, but mine is nowhere near this level of cleanliness or perfection.
Should I invest more time and energy with this process, could you recommend anything else, or am i stuck being at about 50% perfect??
Thank you so much!
What exactly did you do and use? There have been some pretty bad tail pipes that have been brought back to life using the same procedure and products. Sometimes, you may have to do it a few times. But, there are times where the damage is too far gone and that's the best that can be done. Can you take some pictures and post? Thanks.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:35 PM
I followed your directions to a T, the exact same way, including using the same products. Give me your email so I can send you photos of the end result. Thanks!

Old 12-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Premium Sponsor
I followed your directions to a T, the exact same way, including using the same products. Give me your email so I can send you photos of the end result. Thanks!
moe@glisteningperfection.com

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MoeTip: How to clean exhaust tips