Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

hre wheels cleaning?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 06:48 PM
TDarby is just really niceTDarby is just really niceTDarby is just really niceTDarby is just really nice
hre wheels cleaning?

What is the best safest way to clean hre comp wheels

Old 11-10-2010, 07:26 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Brake Dust removal
Hose off as much initial grime as you can.
Rinse up into the wheel well to wash away road kill, mud and other debris.
Use detailing clay and lubrication to remove any embedded contaminants
Use a d-limonene (citrus) based cleaner to remove any road tar or oil. Apply P21S® Total Auto Wash to wheel surfaces and let soak in, agitate with a long-handled boar’s haired brush before rinsing
Spray P21S® Wheel Cleaner (Gel or Liquid) this cleaner is 100% acid-free and will not damage any type of wheel finish. (Gel for badly soiled and regular for normal soil) onto wheel rims and lat soak in
For badly brake dust soiled surfaces use C.Quartz IronX or Sonax Wheel Cleaner both are formulated with neutralised acid salt. Spray onto wheel surface, allow to dwell, and then agitate with a wheel brush before hosing off
Used the P21S® Polishing Soap on the clean wheel to polish the lips, inner wheel, and face of the wheel. (agitate lightly on the clear coated parts)
Before finally removing cleaner, agitate with a soft brush and then rinse off (See Wheel Brushes)

Old 11-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond reputeHRE_Guy has a reputation beyond repute
^^I like this guy. I couldn't have said it better. I must say I have tried the products you have recommended and they work great. I grabbed some junk parts from our service department, used the polishing soap on some neglected parts and then also sprayed on the wheel cleaners. I let them sit in the sun for half a day with no etching.

Great input.

Old 11-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TDarby
What is the best safest way to clean hre comp wheels
We ended up giving Guy at HRE some P21S stuff to play with. It's probably some of the most effective and safe products to use on any wheel type. The key to P21S products is they use no acids to achieve the results. That's one of the reasons we use their wheel cleaners on every detail.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...els/Categories