Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 06:43 PM
72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough
Dupray Hill Injection Steam Cleaner

Ok so I watched the videos of this machine cleaning wheels, tires, engine compartments, seats, dash, windows, and exterior paint. Has anyone used one for wheels and to clean the exterior paint of their car? Having trouble visualizing myself steam cleaning the paint on my new 997.2. On the other hand if this really worked the time saved could be huge due to fewer steps. Thoughts or actual experience?

Old 04-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Slik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond reputeSlik560 has a reputation beyond repute
I have not seen this unit, but I use a small household steamer made by Scunci. I save it for the real problem areas, like the back sides of wheels that have not been cleaned in years [caked on brake dust] or really greasy areas of an engine bay. I don't use it near anything electrical, nor have I used it on the interior of any car. I've seen detailers use a steamer for hard to clean areas like key openings on doors/deck lids or really grimy door hinges. I have never seen anyone use a steamer directly on paint, and I would never try it. If I want to strip off the old wax or sealant to do some polishing, there are several chemical alternatives that won't harm the paint in any way. In an engine compartment, you have to be careful because steam will dissolve good grease (throttle cables and the like) as well as the bad, yucky grease.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:03 PM
72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough72offsuit is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Slik560
I have not seen this unit, but I use a small household steamer made by Scunci. I save it for the real problem areas, like the back sides of wheels that have not been cleaned in years [caked on brake dust] or really greasy areas of an engine bay. I don't use it near anything electrical, nor have I used it on the interior of any car. I've seen detailers use a steamer for hard to clean areas like key openings on doors/deck lids or really grimy door hinges. I have never seen anyone use a steamer directly on paint, and I would never try it. If I want to strip off the old wax or sealant to do some polishing, there are several chemical alternatives that won't harm the paint in any way. In an engine compartment, you have to be careful because steam will dissolve good grease (throttle cables and the like) as well as the bad, yucky grease.
Yeah to good to be true, will stick with my tried and true methods. Thanks, like I said can't imagine steaming my paint, wheels and engine perhaps.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:51 AM
s.dupere is on a distinguished road
The Dupray Hill Injection is too small for the exterior. I've seen people use it with success, but when you want to clean the exterior you need a 220v unit. Use the Hill Injection for leather seats, console, headliners, stains, carpet, engine, wheels... pretty much any single detail in the car.

This is my first post.
Disclosure: I work for Dupray. I also just got a 997.1 Turbo 2009 on monday so I will post pictures of how to detail it with this professional steam cleaner.