Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Leaf blower vs auto detail blower

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Spokes is on a distinguished road
how heavy is that thing?

Old 02-17-2012, 10:51 AM
PacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud ofPacMan Z has much to be proud of
Echo blower circa 1995

Old 02-17-2012, 11:08 AM
Surfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VID997
I've used Leaf Blowers for years on cars, trucks, and motorcycles. They work great for all the nooks and crannies and then I would finish it off with hand towel drying. However, when I tried to rush the drying process on my (Atlas Grey TT) using a Spotless water deionizer system, it was a nightmare and I had to redo the car. It ended up with spiderweb type water marks everywhere...kind of like yarn strips 6 to 8 inches long...
This! I just use a red electric blow I got from Sears, a toro. Had it for years, no problem. Makes washing and drying so much faster and easier, especially when you've washed a prepped vehicle already, you easily get 90% of the water off fast and out of nooks and crannies that can continue to drip. Less touching the paint = less marring , and yeh you'll pry get some weird looks from neighbors lol

And don't use a gas one, it'll spew gas/oil droplets on the car.

Old 02-19-2012, 09:27 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
I use an air wand attachment:

Old 02-21-2012, 06:17 PM
ryan79 is on a distinguished road
Anyone else use the Makita LXT blower (and/or vac)? http://www.makita.com/en-us/Modules/....aspx?ID=26530

Under 4 lbs, 20" long, and about 180 mph ( variable speed which helps if your indoors or out). The nozzle is removeable.. and probalby the best feature, the nozzle is rubber. So if you get too close to the wheels, windows, etc.. and bump it, it's not plastic or anything hard that make contact.

I also have the LXT vac, which works great and I'd recommend as well.

Last edited by ryan79; 02-21-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
I use my Echo backpack blower all the time for all my cars. I find the backpack easy to manage and use. For my F150 I have to climb in the bed to get the roof and it's no problem.

It's interesting, this week I pulled the front fog lights on my '06 (owned since new) to install some yellow fog lights (great mod) and found hardly any dirt / dust... I really think the leaf blower get water out of places nothing else can.

Matt

Old 02-26-2012, 09:44 AM
6speedsilver996 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Nice, let me try it out!

Old 03-01-2012, 11:04 AM
llngoc is on a distinguished road
So I found
this this
and will try it out and see. It seems to be light and compact enough. One of the reviewers actually used it for car detailing.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:42 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Don't make fun of me here....

I use a 3hp wet-dry vac head that is not attached to the tank. I fabricated a strap to throw it over my shoulder like a backpack and attach a regular shop-vac flexible hose to it. At the business end I cut a piece or rubber tubing longways and stuffed it over the plastic edge of the hose so that it does not scratch if it hits the car. Works fantastic, it's filtered, and was $20. So it has a cord, big deal.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp