Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Stained polished lip on my 360 forged wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 07:48 PM
TRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud of
Stained polished lip on my 360 forged wheels

Ive got concave 10's on my turbo with a polished lip- after barely two months the lips on all 4 look like crap without the ability to just clean them off. Almost as if there was water on them that dried, but left very noticeable stains,

Anybody ever run into this or know how to clean em back up?

I've maintained them just as well as I did my ADV.1 wheels when I had those on the gallardo and they never developed this problem. First these pos's leak, now this...360 fail IMO

Old 07-15-2012, 09:05 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
A pic may help?

Old 07-16-2012, 06:43 AM
TRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud ofTRSMatt has much to be proud of
Attached one below, you can see that it's definitely from water - since its evident it was "flowing" on the surface of the lip as the wheel spun. It looks "smoky" white now

Same exact thing on all 4 wheels - so Im sure it wasn't because brake fluid or anything like that leaked on it

Old 07-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
What wheel cleaners have you use on them?

Old 07-16-2012, 01:38 PM
havent used anything just yet, the only product other than hose water that's touched them is Autoglym bodywork shampoo

...I've just never seen something like this happen before. My ADV.1 wheels had an almost identical (looking, atleast) finish on their lip and they always cleaned right up with regular soapy water.

Old 07-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
Your previous wheels were probably clear coated. If these do indeed have a bare lip (no clear), and its just water stains, then a metal polish will remove them. Pretty much any metal polish at Advance Auto will do. Rub some polish on the lip, if the applicator turns black then they are bare and you're good to go.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:24 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have any polish handy? If so, dab a little on a microfiber towel, rub the wheel, and see if towel turns black. If it does, you have polished lips that are bare. Use a mild wheel cleaner like P21S to routinely clean the wheels. Then, polish the wheels with a safe metal polish. There are good ones at autopart stores like meguiar's mirror glaze line and it comes in a small tan jar. I prefer P21S Finish Restorer since it doesn't smell funky and it's easy to use.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...ner/Categories

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...r-metal/Detail

If you rub the wheel with towel and polish, and your towel doesn't turn black, then you have a clearcoat on the wheels. Simply polish the wheel, then seal it with a product like rejex.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...-polish/Detail

Hope this helps.