Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Review: Chemical Guys Second Skin 6 Hybrid Coating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor
Bryan@Autogeek is on a distinguished road
Review: Chemical Guys Second Skin 6 Hybrid Coating

Since Chemical Guys has released Second Skin 6 Hybrid Coating I have wanting to try it. Today was the perfect day to try it since we were suppose to have nice weather. I decided I would try it on a car that was dark so i could see the results and see how easy it was to apply. This is the first coating i have used that could be applied to multiple surfaces. Before applying Chemical Guys Second Skin 6 Hybrid Coating the surface needs to be prepped so the coating can bond to the surface properly. To prep the surface i used Detailer’s coating prep polish this product will remove any road film that is on the surface to allow the coating to bond properly. After i went over the whole vehicle with Detailer’s coating prep polish it was time to use Chemical Guys Second Skin 6 Hybrid Coating. When applying the coating you want to use a foam applicator so i went with the Gold Wax Finger Pocket since it would make application easy.

I found that application was simple. To apply it all you have to do is gently rub it into the surface. Once you have applied the coating wait 20 minutes and come back with a microfiber to knock down any high spots. This coating was really easy to apply and took little effort. I was impressed with the results i got it added a nice shine depth to the paint. At first i was worried that i was going to have marks in the paint because it was a darker color but paint had a perfect reflection. After i was impressed with the reflections and depth the paint gave me i decided to test how it would sheet water. Once i was done watching the mustang sheet water i can say I am impressed with Chemical Guys Second Skin 6 Hybrid Coating and would recommend it to anyone that wants to protect their car with little effort.

Chemical Guys Second Skin 6 Hybrid Coating

Attached Images