Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

foam pad disintergrating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 01:07 AM
vdubpower is on a distinguished road
foam pad disintergrating

so briefly, im a weekend warrior detailer. A few yrs ago i purchased a PC7336 and taught my self how to detail from the various forums out there..

ive been pretty satisfied with simple products like mothers clay and meguiars nxt 2.0. I have also used there Meg 80

anyways,so the last time i used my pads was maybe 3 years ago, I had a 9006 and 8006 meg 6 inch pads, and used the nxt and meg 80 on them respectively

when i was done detailing i washed the pads, dried them and stored them in ziploc bags

well today decided to use them again, and i noticed the 9006 pads is pretty crumbly....why is that

the 8006 is ok

i know alot of people just use MF pads now instead, and im wondering if i should just buy those instead

again..i dont do full details often, just when i have 3-4 days to do a car...

anyways, what do u guys think , thanks

Last edited by vdubpower; 10-27-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:06 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Q:
1. What did you use to wash your oads with?

2. What size are the pads and the backing plate?

3. How much downward pressure are you using on the pads?

Micro fibre pads have their advantages over foam but the same general rules apply to all pads

An extract from a TOGWT® Autopia Detailing Wiki Article - “Foam Pads I” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...ml#post1448087

“Microfiber Pads” - http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...ds-part-i.html

TOGWT® Autopia Detailing Wiki Articles, these informational resources contain everything you’ll ever want to know about automotive detailing and are an invaluable addition to your detailing knowledge base -. http://www.autopia.org/forum/autopia...yperlinks.html

Last edited by TOGWT; 10-27-2013 at 04:12 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:45 AM
vdubpower is on a distinguished road
Don't recall what I used. Probably just water. It was a few years ago

Maybe a light soap too.

They are standard meguiar pads. 6 or6.5 inches. Yellow meguiars plate. I think 5 inch

Old 10-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Former Vendor
Bryan@Autogeek is on a distinguished road
I like MF pads but I do not use them on every car I detail. I use them on car's that have heavy imperfections since they have a more aggressive cut than a foam pad.

Old 11-01-2013, 06:05 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Meg pads are known to fall apart. You may want to look into Lake Country pads.

MF pads have their place, but for you're doing, sounds like a Lake Country Orange, White, and Red pad will do the job