Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Question regarding clearbra / wraps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 09:03 AM
chris9595 is on a distinguished road
Question regarding clearbra / wraps

Hello. I posted a request for 'unbiased' opinions on full car wrap options over in the 996tt forum but havent received any responses. I have heard of xpel, avery, and 3m so far but would like some real world opinions from those who have had them installed. I have a 01 tt and would like to do a full clear wrap.

Thanks
Chris

Old 11-12-2013, 02:36 AM
TOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to beholdTOGWT is a splendid one to behold
Perhaps if you ask specific questions you'll get a better response.

Go to a shop that installs body wrap and see / inspect their work they may also be able to put you in touch with past customers for their views.

Note: paint protection film is only as good as the installer.

Old 11-12-2013, 03:28 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Seek a good installer first. If the installer is good, then chances are he's going to use a quality product.

We have opted for xpel and only use ultimate. I like the self-healing and durability of the film. Warranty is the best in the industry. IMHO, 3M is durable, but lots of orange peel. Avery looks clear, but I think lacks the durability. Venture lacks durability. I've also heard good things about SunTek's new film. Easier to work with.

But, seeks a great installer and check out his/her work. That'll give you all the confidence and reassurance you'll need...especially if you're wrapping the whole car.