Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

2017 Porsche Macan Clear Bra Question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 02:48 PM
jpsjr1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
2017 Porsche Macan Clear Bra Question?

Looking for someone in the TriState Area that can wrap a Macan Hood with one sheet of film vs side cuts? Anyone really good that has skills and doesn't cut corners? I have tried my previous installers and none will do it. Thoughts?

Jose

Old 03-31-2017, 08:49 AM
Former Vendor
XPEL is a jewel in the roughXPEL is a jewel in the roughXPEL is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jpsjr1970
Looking for someone in the TriState Area that can wrap a Macan Hood with one sheet of film vs side cuts? Anyone really good that has skills and doesn't cut corners? I have tried my previous installers and none will do it. Thoughts?

Jose
Some installers have been successful wrapping the hoods with one piece, but at that point, the film is being stretched very thin. It's something we would highly recommend NOT doing with one piece of film. The seams are necessary to keep the film tension lower. When the film is stretched so much to wrap those edges, there are chances the film can crack/rip and then the bra would have to be reinstalled.

If you're looking for an XPEL Installer, please visit: XPEL Dealer Locator

Last edited by XPEL; 05-03-2017 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:48 AM
jpsjr1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by XPEL
Some installers have been successful wrapping the hoods with one piece, but at that point, the film is being stretched very thin. It's something we would highly recommend NOT doing with one piece of film. The seams are necessary to keep the film tension lower. When the film is stretched so much to wrap those edges, there are chances the film can crack/rip and then the bra would have to be reinstalled.
lol.........

Jose

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.