Stripping sealants before applying? - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > Tech Stuff > Detailing
Reload this Page >

Stripping sealants before applying?

Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Old 04-23-2018, 04:12 PM
Diamond Dog is an unknown quantity at this point

Does it make that much difference to strip off your existing sealant or wax before waxing again every six months? There are claims that it will adhere better, but how much better?

What about these DIY ceramic coatings like Cquartz? After 2 years when you want to apply do you have to strip it all off and do you simply spray something on to remove or is the removal process more involved?

Also there are products like CarPro Eraser. What is in it that makes it better than a rubbing alcohol solution to strip off existing sealants?

Last edited by Diamond Dog; 04-23-2018 at 10:05 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:11 AM
cerbomark has a reputation beyond reputecerbomark has a reputation beyond reputecerbomark has a reputation beyond reputecerbomark has a reputation beyond reputecerbomark has a reputation beyond reputecerbomark has a reputation beyond reputecerbomark has a reputation beyond reputecerbomark has a reputation beyond reputecerbomark has a reputation beyond reputecerbomark has a reputation beyond reputecerbomark has a reputation beyond repute
I have used cquarts several times. It will not be present in 2 years, but what you should do is a least a light polish to remove and clean things up before next coat of whatever.

I have use carpro eraser also, can t answer your question but just a step I ve went thru. You can use other things to strip wax but this is already formulated and ready to go, No brainer.

From just a wax type to another after a few months. You can just apply new stuff to a clean car.