Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Stripping sealants before applying?

Old 04-23-2018, 03:12 PM
Diamond Dog is an unknown quantity at this point
Stripping sealants before applying?

Does it make that much difference to strip off your existing sealant or wax before waxing again every six months? There are claims that it will adhere better, but how much better?

What about these DIY ceramic coatings like Cquartz? After 2 years when you want to apply do you have to strip it all off and do you simply spray something on to remove or is the removal process more involved?

Also there are products like CarPro Eraser. What is in it that makes it better than a rubbing alcohol solution to strip off existing sealants?

Last edited by Diamond Dog; 04-23-2018 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:11 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I have used cquarts several times. It will not be present in 2 years, but what you should do is a least a light polish to remove and clean things up before next coat of whatever.

I have use carpro eraser also, can t answer your question but just a step I ve went thru. You can use other things to strip wax but this is already formulated and ready to go, No brainer.

From just a wax type to another after a few months. You can just apply new stuff to a clean car.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.