Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

It is true that some waxes have static??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 01:05 AM
ggarza007 is on a distinguished road
It is true that some waxes have static??

Is it true that some waxes have static that will attract all of the dust. I have a 2004 996TT Cab triple black and hate that it gets full of dust a few hours after the car has been washed and waxed by my mobile detailer. I am not sure what wax he is using but I plan on asking him next time I see him. If this is true, which is the best non static wax to use on a black car.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
The static really is a result of ambient conditions, towels used, and partly the product application. I'm not aware of products having static; where would the electrical charge be? This is a hypothesis: As the products is applied over the finish, the friction between the towel and the surface will cause the static charge. But that charge should go away after a while. The area I would attribute to the dusting is your environment and condition of the finish. If there isn't a good quality wax on the finish, you will not have the protection needed which will leave the finish dry. When it's dusty and dry, those are the factors that would lead to the dusting. I know einszett's Detail Spray has an anti-static agent in it. Might want to give that a try. If that doesn't work, you need a proper claying, polishing, and waxing to bring the finish upto par.