Porsche Factory Museum Tour

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:23 AM
DaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really nice
The tour is incredible. We went last friday which was Nov 9, or as written in German 091107 = 911. The tour guide would not let me keep the tag
Picts to come when I'm back later in the week.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:30 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
lovin' the GT1. Thanks for sharing

Old 02-20-2008, 04:19 PM
BSM
BSM is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cheyco
That one was on display when I was there in '04, along with a pearlescent white 959. There was also an employee screwing around with the Carrera GT and he started it up. What a racket! Instant wood...
Sorry this photo is blurry (my bad), but here's that pearl white 959... is actually one of the Group B prototypes.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:33 PM
BSM
More photos from the day, mostly same cars, but a few ones didn't already post (not sure what took me so long in posting rest of these)...

956 C

917 Long-tail Coupe

911 GT1

Porsche #001

Old 02-20-2008, 04:39 PM
BSM
A few more...

Old 02-20-2008, 04:43 PM
BSM
More...

Old 03-02-2008, 05:32 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Originally Posted by BSM
Unfortunately I was unable to snap any pics from inside the factory... the tour guide was rather strict about their "no cameras" policy - they even asked the group to leave mobile phones aside (to avoid any camera phone shots).

Not sure how this compares to other factory tours as this is the only one that I have done... When I visited Audi and Mercedes I only had enough time to see the museums.
I've done the Porsche tour, as well as a tour of BMW's Munich factory. Both provided lockers at the beginning of the tour and we were required to leave cameras and cell phones there. I really enjoyed both.

I have to say that the existing Porsche museum is pretty lame and I would have pretty upset if I had made a special trip to Stuttgart to see it without the factory tour. Obviously this will change in the near future.

The MB museum across town was incredible, as was the Audi Forum in Ingolstadt. I have yet to be to the new BMW Welt that opened this past fall, but from what I've heard, it too is quite a piece.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:10 PM
BSM
Here are pics from my trip to the Audi Museum in Ingolstodt...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=120635

I'll get my Mercedes Benz Museum pics posted soon. Agreed - this one is incredible.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:02 AM
911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about911TurboS2 has a spectacular aura about
When I worked as an independent contractor at the Porsche Factory, I had to sign a very strict N.D.A. I have heard rumors of visitors with hidden cameras having them confiscated by sharp eyed security personnel at the factory.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:15 PM
OC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant futureOC Pcar has a brilliant future
thanks, great pics

Old 09-10-2008, 08:46 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
BSM

I would like to talk about the Porsche and MB factory tour. I am going there in December and would like any tips on making it a memorable experience. Could you PM me with your contact information.

Eric

Old 09-14-2008, 12:16 PM
drfritzi is on a distinguished road
For booking information on the Stuttgart tour, the Museum person we were directed to was Sigrid Mauz (sigrid.mauz@porsche.de; tel 011.49.(0)711.911.25384). We spoke briefly on the phone (English or Deutsch) and then corresponded by email. No issues in setting things up - no charge for the tour or entry to the small museum - wonder if that will change when the huge new one is ready.

For accommodations in Zuffenhausen, I'd recommend the Achat Hotel, which is (literally) right beside the factory. Not a dive, easy parking, a nice restaurant and also a McDonalds on the ground level, and not expensive. Here's the link:
http://www.achat-hotel.de/wDeutsch/0...t.php?navid=27

Incidentally, the Leipzig factory tour is also excellent and recommended and they have a small, though well stocked and laid-out "museum" there as well. Here's the link in case you haven't gotten around to checking it out as yet (note also the links on that page for the "Pilot" and "Co-pilot" programs that have you driving around the test track):
http://www.porsche-leipzig.com/en/le...t/default.aspx

Old 09-22-2008, 04:53 PM
DaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really nice
I'm booked for the first week in November, Does anyone know if the new museum is open ?

Old 09-24-2008, 04:13 AM
humveelat is on a distinguished road
Nice Pics..The GTI was the most beautiful among them..Sweet car!

Old 10-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Hey guys, just seeing this thread.

I am heading up to the Museum tomorrow morning. (Sunday). I live in Zürich right now.

I did not find any English speaking factory tours available so it looks like I'll just do the Museum. I don't think the new one is open yet.

If you have something you'd like me to get a pic of for you, or a question you'd like me to get the answer for, PM me or post it here. I'll try to check this post in the AM before I leave.

Cheers,

Trevor

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Factory Museum Tour