Bleak New-Vehicle Sales

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:57 AM
Steve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud ofSteve's 996 has much to be proud of
Well it doesn't help that most of us are getting gouged at the pumps. Most everyone is feeling the fuel pinch in our pockets. I drive by car lots and there vacant, just a gaggle of salesmen waiting.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Banned
rolex01 is on a distinguished road
thanks

Old 08-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
I think the future of the "used car market" is not at jeopardy by the current decrease in new sales because production continues at an average level.

The problem are current new sales, new cars are not finding new homes. Price gouging will start and cars will star to flow but manufacturers should be already shifting production patterns as customers will start to look for features as small engines, efficient consumption and less polluting cars, which in truth should have been applied years ago via taxes but now economy will do the right thing for us.

Stupidely people want big, huge cars to putter through traffic, why? I ask? why? For excatly no reason, because I see more "1 person in the car" huge SUV's than 4 cylinder cars in all major southern cities in the USA.

This will be a long and hard transition for manufacturers and retailers.

Old 08-10-2008, 09:15 AM
paulycw is on a distinguished road
"Stupidely people want big, huge cars to putter through traffic, why? I ask? why? For excatly no reason, because I see more "1 person in the car" huge SUV's than 4 cylinder cars in all major southern cities in the USA."

----------------------------------------------
I drove a Mini Cooper around and felt tiny around all the SUV's. I let someone borrow the Mini and it was broadsided and totalled by a driver running a red light, luckily it was not a large vehicle and no one got seriously hurt.

I learnd a lesson and bought a Cayenne as a replacement because everyone else has a big car. Yeah, I know I am prepetuating the problem. But my safety is worth a few gallons of gas.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:34 AM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by paulycw

I learned a lesson and bought a Cayenne as a replacement because everyone else has a big car. Yeah, I know I am perpetuating the problem. But my safety is worth a few gallons of gas.
that is the way a lot of people look at the situation. I have a GTI and love having a small car. But some people just don't feel safe in the small cars.

Old 11-23-2008, 07:14 AM
turbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud ofturbojohn54 has much to be proud of
That's why I'm just on my way to buy a used '08 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer (11k miles) for $21k. I'm replacing my wife's '97 Expedition that has 180k miles and has been a great vehicle (bought it used too 8 years ago). But we'll keep that one too as a spare vehicle since it's not worth anything to anybody else. She has a sentimental attachment and won't part with the old one anyway.

But what a deal. The '08 probably sold new for $38k a year ago. Now that fuel prices have gotten more reasonable again, I'm going where the market leads me. Even with $4 gasoline, it's still worth the extra safety. And I can load it full of people and luggage whenever I want.

That new (almost) Expedition will look real good next to the only "small" car I would ever want. My '08 Turbo.