Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Video: F430 on fire in Dubai!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 04:33 PM
4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough
Video: F430 on fire in Dubai!!!

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCGig_0nL2U[/MEDIA]

Link ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCGig_0nL2U

Old 01-31-2008, 04:43 PM
Themadsupra is on a distinguished road
Ouch!!! ...Im sure that was not a fun day for whoever owned that car lol I dont think a single part of that thing could be salvaged lol

Last edited by Themadsupra; 01-31-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
whats up with all the F430s catching on fire? there was just one in the philippines not too long ago...

maybe its the humid weather in both countries?

Old 01-31-2008, 08:29 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
oil line runs over the exhaust. one leak = insta fire.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:44 PM
ActionJaxon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by daedalus
oil line runs over the exhaust. one leak = insta fire.
Wow so thats what Ferrari gives you when you spend 200k+ on a car?

Old 01-31-2008, 08:47 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
Happened to Axxlrod on here a couple years ago on a drive...

Anyway, I thought you might all be interested in more info on the burned up F430 at the start of this thread, as I was there when it happened.

I participated in a World Class Driving event (wcdriving.com) last August in Santa Barbara, CA, along with my brother. For those unfamiliar, WCD is an event where you can drive 5 or 6 exotic cars over a 200 mile or so route. We were part of the afternoon session. I drove the 430 for about 30 minutes through a canyon, and then switched with my brother. He jumped into the 430, and I into the 997 TT. We pulled out onto the road with the 430 directly in front of me, and after only about 3 minutes of driving on a somewhat crowded road with speeds of only about 45 mph, I saw fire coming from the area by the right exhaust tips. I started to freak out as the fire was growing, and my brother just kept driving as he hadn't seen it yet. He finally saw it once the flames were rising out of the engine compartment. He quickly pulled over, but had trouble getting out of the car, as he didn't know where the door handle was since it was his first time in this car. He did get out unharmed, and the car was completely engulfed in flame within 2 minutes. The fire department arived about five minutes later and extinguished the fire. The fireman had to ask us what type of car it was, as it was burned beyond recognition. He didn't believe us at first when we told him it as a Ferrari. Any way it was quite a spectacle, and it gathered quite a crowd, especially since the police did not close the road and people were allowed to drive right by the flaming car. Fireman said they knew it was started by an blown oil line, as there was oil on the road for about a mile before the car. My brother was unharmed, but was pretty shaken.

After it was all over, the rest of the group continued on and finished the session. My brother and I had to ride back to the hotel in a minivan. The employees for WCD were pretty apologetic, and refunded our money. I will say that before our session started, there was no safety briefing of any type, and no instruction given to any of us on how any of the 6 cars worked or were shifted or anything like that. We were just given keys and we followed one another out onto the public roads.

Last I heard, the insurance company was going after Ferrari of NA, saying it was a design flaw, and Ferrari was saying it was lack of maintenance. The insurance adjuster said he had been researching other F430s that have caugh on fire, and said there were several that suffered the same fate, and said it was a bad design as the oil line runs right over the exhaust manifold in this car, and can melt after prolonged aggressive driving.
Pictures at the following link:https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...3&postcount=23

Cheers!

Old 01-31-2008, 08:56 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
LA WALLLA!!!! Ala rasi...

Old 01-31-2008, 09:57 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Ouch thats a bad sight,

Old 01-31-2008, 10:56 PM
EV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the rough
has ferrari made an attempt to fix this issue on all the 430s? I know you can buy an extinguisher, but that is not a fix, a fix is to keep the car from even catching on fire.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:04 PM
Former Vendor
LARennsport will become famous soon enough
Most expensive George Forman Grill I've ever seen..and you can only use it once!

Old 02-01-2008, 10:40 AM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
lol I was more impressed by looking at those amazing buildings in Dubai lol

Old 02-01-2008, 03:25 PM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
Originally Posted by SlowMB
has ferrari made an attempt to fix this issue on all the 430s? I know you can buy an extinguisher, but that is not a fix, a fix is to keep the car from even catching on fire.
+1 i'm also curious about this too, anybody know? i believe the problem is something with the oil line and how close it is to the exhaust?

Old 02-03-2008, 06:15 AM
4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough4Thirty is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SlowMB
I need a fix if it is available too... Trust me, I don't think the puny fire extinguisher (Keep it in the front luggage compartment on mine) would put a fire like that out. Scary to think that there is a slight chance of it happening on anyones F430 (Especially when taking it to the track)

Old 02-03-2008, 07:47 AM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
that's HOT!!!!!!

Old 02-03-2008, 06:46 PM
superchicken is on a distinguished road
Carrying fire extinguisher never a bad idea. Can either put out your own car or your friend's car. Had to extinguish my ex-308 at track event one day and my hand-held halon unit did much better than track marshal powder thingy.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video: F430 on fire in Dubai!!!