Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Ferrari CALIFORNIA: first official IMAGES

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 06:09 PM
lilstan is on a distinguished road
I like it, i think it looks really good

Old 05-13-2008, 06:21 PM
BeastRides101 is on a distinguished road
Seen better. Can't be the 550 for looks IMO

Old 05-13-2008, 06:52 PM
Dirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to beholdDirty-D is a splendid one to behold
As others have already expressed, i LOVE that front fascia and side profile aswell.
The crease that begins with the vents and extends over the hips of the car adds such a feeling of dynamics to it...I love it.
The wheels are rather boring, and i'd have to see more direct rear shots before i totally judged it...

Old 05-13-2008, 09:25 PM
4retr is on a distinguished road
I can't believe I'm saying this (Multiple Ferrari owner since the 90"s) - Am I the only one seeing a Honda S2000. I prefer the latest Maserati - Better yet I'll just focus adding a Stradale.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:26 PM
stradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the roughstradaONE8 is a jewel in the rough
Don't like the back or the front on first impression all that much...they don't match to me...
From dead side profile it looks good, but not great.
Then again, I didn't like the 430 aesthetically, but the Scuderia front changed the whole car...so who knows...hopefully a bit more tweaking will refine it.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:14 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 4retr
I can't believe I'm saying this (Multiple Ferrari owner since the 90"s) - Am I the only one seeing a Honda S2000. I prefer the latest Maserati - Better yet I'll just focus adding a Stradale.

How do you see a S2000 by looking at this car? Is it the convertible factor?

Old 05-13-2008, 11:56 PM
invids is on a distinguished road
ferrari has gone insane...

Old 05-14-2008, 07:57 AM
revengerocket is on a distinguished road
What the hell is this, a rejected design for the Maserati GranTurismo? It looks like one of those photoshops of spy pics where someone cuts and pastes design features from other models over the shape of a camoflauged test mule.

Old 05-14-2008, 08:29 AM
GENERAL LEE is on a distinguished road
Sweet car. Finally a hardtop/conv. It's too bad the folks that are actually going to buy them love the car. It would be easier to get one if they shared the same thoughts as some of the critics on the net!

Last edited by GENERAL LEE; 05-14-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Blazing is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CURI0
Doesn't make sense, this is supposed to be the entry level car isn't it? At that price range why even bother just go with a 599.

I love it BTW, and the tips works much better on this than they do on the IS-F.
Its the entry level GT,not the entry level car (which is what the Dino will be when it released,after the brand new move expensive/powerful F430 is released). So basically think of the California as a F430 GT,just as the 599 is said to be the ENZO in GT form. Also the is faster yet less powerful than the F430,its a Hardtop Coupe and Convertible just like the M-Benz SL65,making it the most functional Ferrari to date. Everything on the cars is new,even the chassis is NOT based on the Maserati as previously thought.

As for 599 (An Enzo (F60) GT basicly),the 599 will remain much more expensive,most Used 599 cost $500,000 minimum,and new have paid over up to $200k over the Mrsp for new 599.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Blazing
Its the entry level GT,not the entry level car (which is what the Dino will be when it released,after the brand new move expensive/powerful F430 is released). So basically think of the California as a F430 GT,just as the 599 is said to be the ENZO in GT form. Also the is faster yet less powerful than the F430,its a Hardtop Coupe and Convertible just like the M-Benz SL65,making it the most functional Ferrari to date. Everything on the cars is new,even the chassis is NOT based on the Maserati as previously thought.

As for 599 (An Enzo (F60) GT basicly),the 599 will remain much more expensive,most Used 599 cost $500,000 minimum,and new have paid over up to $200k over the Mrsp for new 599.
I am talking about pricing based on MSRP first of all.

Second, this car was originally being developed as a Maserati. When they were officially split Ferrari kept the development for themselves. No matter how you slice it, it is basically the Maserati motor and platform tweaked by ferrari for themselves.

If they price this like an F430 I would rather have an F430, I guess we will have to wait and see.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:38 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light

Second, this car was originally being developed as a Maserati. When they were officially split Ferrari kept the development for themselves. No matter how you slice it, it is basically the Maserati motor and platform tweaked by ferrari for themselves.

If they price this like an F430 I would rather have an F430, I guess we will have to wait and see.

Second that.

Old 05-14-2008, 02:42 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of

Maserati has used the Ferrari Engine for years not the other way around. The QP's use a Ferrari Designed engine. The 360 shared the same exact engine with the Mas Coupes of the same era.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
Maserati has used the Ferrari Engine for years not the other way around. The QP's use a Ferrari Designed engine. The 360 shared the same exact engine with the Mas Coupes of the same era.
I believe you are a bit mistaken. The Maserati coupe of the same era had the ferrari influenced 4.2 liter motor but not with a flat-plane crank. Ferrari used the basic BLOCK for the engine in the F430 at which point they gave it a flat-plane crank and other tweaks. The 360 motor is not the same engine as the maserati coupe, you are wrong.

Ferrari never used the same engine that is in the coupe or QP or Gran Turismo, the 430 motor is a relative, albeit a distant one.

Old 05-14-2008, 03:54 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
I believe you are a bit mistaken. The Maserati coupe of the same era had the ferrari influenced 4.2 liter motor but not with a flat-plane crank. Ferrari used the basic BLOCK for the engine in the F430 at which point they gave it a flat-plane crank and other tweaks. The 360 motor is not the same engine as the maserati coupe, you are wrong.

Ferrari never used the same engine that is in the coupe or QP or Gran Turismo, the 430 motor is a relative, albeit a distant one.
the 430's I never thought were the same but that 360 to Mas Coupe might as well be the same. They do look different. Driving the 360 and the Mas Coupe of that era you couldn't tell the difference. I believe the Mas Coupe had much better torque and that's what kept it up with my coupe but engines I don't know. The crank you talk about could very well be the reason it feels like more torque. Weren't they the same horsepower? My mechanics know my engines I just know the handling.

I'll be the first to tell you that I've spent many hours behind the wheels of these cars but not 2 minutes under the actual hood. What would my poor Dealership do than.

Thanks for the info. I just don't like these guys stating that this is going to be a Mas with Ferrari badging.

Ferrari needs a coupe (though sales aren't slow) that they sell to Females. This is the car and when I get the chance to order one I can't wait for my girlfriend to have whatever color she wants. She's smokin and in this car she will be so sexy. I can't wait to put this one in her garage.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ferrari CALIFORNIA: first official IMAGES