Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

My Scuderia Arrived...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 09:19 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
nice car, sucks about the stripe, anything Ferrari can do about it?

Old 05-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Hiper is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Rockfreak300
Sick car, what are you going to do about the stripe?

Keep the car? How hard is it to take off and or switch the stripes?

Thanks Rockfreak... The stripes are actually painted and have a layer of clear coat over them.. Removing them is out of the question.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Thanks for all the message guys...

I've actually gotten in touch with the factory, and they've talked to the dealer. Now the dealer is offering to fly the car out to the factory, get the stripes painted to gold, and flown back here (Kuwait), at their own cost (around $18,000 air return). 24 hours ago, the dealer wasn't willing to discount the car by $1.

They're also offering to get me grey wheels on the condition that I hand back my gold wheels once the grey ones arrive (note: wheels only, no tyres with them).

Old 05-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Hiper
Thanks Rockfreak... The stripes are actually painted and have a layer of clear coat over them.. Removing them is out of the question.
That's terrible, that's exactly what I was hoping not to hear.

My name is Chris by the way, nice to meet you.

I wish you the best of luck though with keeping it or trading it later on etc. I think I could still live what they sent you though ; )

Old 05-22-2008, 09:52 AM
Originally Posted by Rockfreak300
That's terrible, that's exactly what I was hoping not to hear.

My name is Chris by the way, nice to meet you.

I wish you the best of luck though with keeping it or trading it later on etc. I think I could still live what they sent you though ; )
Thanks Chris... What pi$$es me off the most is not the fact that they got the stripes wrong, but their manner in which they "dealt" with this situation.

I had a 2009 599 on order with them due for December delivery...I've cancelled this order as of yesterday. No point in giving people business they don't deserve. There are other dealers out there who are more than willing to sell cars with proper customer service.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:16 AM
ccboy is on a distinguished road
love it, congrats

btw have your dealer move those wheels weights to the inside of the wheel

Old 05-22-2008, 11:59 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
I hate so see that after spending that amount of money, you can't even get what you want...

Great interior. love it!

-joel

Old 05-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hiper
I had a 2009 599 on order with them due for December delivery...I've cancelled this order as of yesterday. No point in giving people business they don't deserve.
You taked the right decision

Old 05-22-2008, 01:03 PM
JoePcone is on a distinguished road
yeah, why are the wheel weights on the outside of the wheel?

Old 05-22-2008, 01:40 PM
P Zero is on a distinguished road
The factory makes errors all the time, it is nothing new. I really don't see this is the dealers fault either, not much they can do about it. I think you are over reacting a bit.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by P Zero
The factory makes errors all the time, it is nothing new. I really don't see this is the dealers fault either, not much they can do about it. I think you are over reacting a bit.

It's the dealer's mistake, not the factory. This was confirmed by both the dealer and the factory.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:48 PM
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
Gorgeous car shame about the stripe. You could always ask the dealer to discount the car and swap the rims to silver ones to make up for their mistake (frankly i like the silver stripe better). Knowing Ferrari dealers though they'll probably just tell you tough luck.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:47 PM
mja 996TT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rmani
Gorgeous car shame about the stripe. You could always ask the dealer to discount the car and swap the rims to silver ones to make up for their mistake (frankly i like the silver stripe better). Knowing Ferrari dealers though they'll probably just tell you tough luck.

I agree swap the gold rims for silver and enjoy..... good luck!

Old 05-22-2008, 11:03 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
I just hate it when **** like this happens, sorry to hear about this I had not experienced bad things with Al-Zayanni before whilst ordering non ferrari cars. I just want to say mabrook and break it in nicely.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I just hate it when **** like this happens, sorry to hear about this I had not experienced bad things with Al-Zayanni before whilst ordering non ferrari cars. I just want to say mabrook and break it in nicely.
Thanks MeanMachine.... Zayani are terrible. I've experienced them with other cars (Bs) and they're just unprofessional.... How hard would it be to sell 60-70 Bs a year and 25 Ferraris? They still get things wrong!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Scuderia Arrived...