Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

What IS the most reliable Ferrari?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Banned
braincuttermd is on a distinguished road
Isn't the 3.2 V8 in the 328 supposed to very reliable?

Old 07-22-2008, 08:24 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
550 is pretty damned good for an eight-year-old car with and only 6500 miles. Knock on wood.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by socal
Although I know owners...who have leased their cars that didnt really care.
I never really understood that mentality with people who lease cars. Why does the car have to be trashed, abused, and not taken care of because you lease it? I've heard it countless times. "I take it thru the swirl-o-matic car wash" "but it's a $100,000 car", "ya who cares, I lease it".

My family has had many leased cars in the past and none of them were ever abused or neglected mechanically. They were taken care of just as if they were financed, or purchased cash.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Mr.PS
I never really understood that mentality with people who lease cars. ---
It's a foolish attitude and it's the "I can afford it so who cares"!

Absurd.

There are many who treat rental cars poorly as well.

When one values what one has one cares for it.

Old 07-23-2008, 06:12 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
I knew a girl who leased a new Audi ever three years. She would not get it serviced unless a warning light went on. Would add oil if it got low, but did not change the oil or filter. After three years she'd turn it in and get another.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:52 PM
WRXURV8 is on a distinguished road
What about a 456 GTA?

Old 07-24-2008, 10:22 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
My buddy had a 550M (1997, then 1999) as a DD with 40K+ miles... not a single problem.
The newer generations (Maranello, Modena, etc) + are just fine when driven regularly and maintained properly. It's the routine maintenance that is still pricey.

Old 07-26-2008, 04:20 PM
70mo is on a distinguished road
it all boils down to how u take care of the car!!!!!!! if its a manual and u suck at driving the clutch will wear out, if its an f1 and u launch it everytime u drive it somethins gonna break. no matter what ferrari it is its not perfect

Old 07-27-2008, 07:02 PM
speednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of lightspeednme is a glorious beacon of light
Correct maintenance and regular use should keep the car pretty reliable. Ferrari's were meant to be driven..although most have several owners before they reach 10k miles..

Old 07-29-2008, 04:49 PM
vtc4198 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Gcalo
I'll bet Chris put you up to this!
I did not!

Now there are 2 of us who want it!!

Old 07-30-2008, 01:11 PM
ylshih is on a distinguished road
There are at least 4 components to reliability: design, production experience, maintenance and use. More recent Ferraris have gotten much better with the 360 and after, this is apparently due to design improvements. Ferraris are produced in lower quantities than other cars and things that fail a small fraction of the time don't show up in the early prototype/development runs so they show up in the early production runs; if these are sorted out during the warranty period, then they tend to get worked out at the cost of some dealer visits. Ferraris do seem to require adherence to the maintenance schedule by both time and mileage and even basic maintenance can run 4 figures ($1,000-$3,000). Ferraris that are driven regularly seem to do better than those that are left to sit in the garage.