Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Worth it ordering a Scuderia?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Finality is infamous around these partsFinality is infamous around these parts
Worth it ordering a Scuderia?

Is there any point in ordering a Scuderia now? I only ask because if I order the car now I'll get it in the summer 09 around the time the 430 successor is due.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:27 AM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
you have a dealer who will let you on the list?

I guess the real question is what you end up paying for the car. If you are getting it for list, then I think the answer is yes. The CS has proven to hold its value and has been a very desired car. I imagine that the Scud will do the same thing.

Have you been in one yet? pretty impressive cars. get exposed to one and decide if you want one...

Old 09-04-2008, 09:42 AM
I actually went to the dealer today to put a deposit down on a California for which there is a 4 year waiting list..... I said fine what about the F430 successor they told me I could probably put a deposit down sometime early next year but at this time they are not taking any deposits.

I drove a friends Scuderia 6 weeks ago and fell in love with it, its a great car but the simple fact that the model is due for a refresh put me off considering one. I talked to the brand manager and he was willing to put me on the list but I dismissed it straight away. Looking back its a bit silly of me but he invited me to a driving event they have in November.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:59 AM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
Why bother with the California? The Scud will be infinitely more fun to drive, I'd image. Besides, I'm sure the Scud will hold it's value better over a longer period of time (mostly because it looks so much better than the bastardized California.)

Old 09-04-2008, 12:03 PM
ccboy is on a distinguished road
go for scud...it will be timeless like the CS and i bet the 430 successor will not be coming til 2010 at the earliest

Old 09-04-2008, 02:29 PM
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
I probably wouldn't do it. The wait time would be too annoying to me and you're right. The f430 successor will be out by late 2009, early 2010 so you'll have an older design.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:31 PM
jg08 is on a distinguished road
You can always wait for a used one to pop up on the market but i'm guessing you don't want used?

Old 09-04-2008, 05:16 PM
996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about996TTDave has a spectacular aura about
I would do it in a heartbeat - the Scud is quite possibly the most amazing car ever built to date and will stay that way for quite some time, just like the CS it will not become a dated car

Old 09-04-2008, 07:51 PM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
so you didn't say directly -

is the dealer willing to put you on the list for a scud with a 9 month wait at list? or are they asking a premium? like the CS that came out right before the 430, the car is way different than a standard 360. I don't think you will have an issue with owning a new scud a year before the 430 successor.

scuds right now are brining about $100k over sticker for 2nd hand ones. I'd jump on the offer if my local dealer said they'd sell me one at list if I waited 9 mos...

Old 09-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by turbomx5
so you didn't say directly -

is the dealer willing to put you on the list for a scud with a 9 month wait at list? or are they asking a premium? like the CS that came out right before the 430, the car is way different than a standard 360. I don't think you will have an issue with owning a new scud a year before the 430 successor.

scuds right now are brining about $100k over sticker for 2nd hand ones. I'd jump on the offer if my local dealer said they'd sell me one at list if I waited 9 mos...
I'm getting it directly from the dealer & the dealer can only sell the car at list There is a 10 month wait for the normal F430 here also.

The scuds do hold their value well my main concern would be buying a scud and losing $50K simply because the new series has come out.

ccboy: it should be out by October 2009 as a 2010 model, the brand manager confirmed the details also.

alzilla300: I'll buy the california keep it till I get my hands on the 430 sucessor comes out and get rid of it either at sticker or above.

rmani: I've been on the Panamera waiting list for 28 months now I think I can manage

jg08: when the 430 sucessor comes out it'll definitely be going for at least $100K over list and I'm not willing to pay that kind of money, I'd rather pay an extra $100K and get myself a CGT.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:32 AM
ccboy is on a distinguished road
i completely understand where you're coming from and you should get what you want irregardless of others opinions

imho.....the 360 c.s. is my favorite car of all time and will always remain that way despite how many successors come along, I feel that the scuderia will most definitely play that card and remain a heartthrob for years to come such as the c.s....that being said i would go for the scuderia....when the 430 came out and even to this day i would still take the C.S. over a 430. Hope this helps.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:53 PM
PRS29 has a spectacular aura aboutPRS29 has a spectacular aura aboutPRS29 has a spectacular aura about
If you can get a Scud at msrp with only 9 months to wait, do it without hesitation. Look at it as giving birth to the car. The new car coming out will be amazing... as all new Ferraris are... but like the CS, the Scud will maintain its value alot better than "regular" models.

Btw, we have been on the Panamera list too. Wondering if it will be worth it in the end.

Old 09-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by PRS29
If you can get a Scud at msrp with only 9 months to wait, do it without hesitation. Look at it as giving birth to the car. The new car coming out will be amazing... as all new Ferraris are... but like the CS, the Scud will maintain its value alot better than "regular" models.

Btw, we have been on the Panamera list too. Wondering if it will be worth it in the end.
Thanks for the advice.

The Panamera should be interesting people hated the Cayenne at the start but its turned out to be major hit for Porsche and I love my CTT. Worst case I hate the car and sell it after 6 months I'll easily get back what I paid for it if not a bit more.

To be honest the spy pics make the rear look horrible but even the spy pics of the Cayenne where no where near the final product. If they manage to do a CLS style rear it should be a tremendous hit.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:40 PM
JoeyM will become famous soon enough
yes.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Concours Motors is on a distinguished road
I saw a yellow Scuderia yesterday for $105k over sticker. Wait the 9 months and save the $105k, think of it as getting paid almost 12K/month for waiting!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Worth it ordering a Scuderia?