Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

any "regular working guys" own a 360

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 09:33 AM
DonJuan348 is on a distinguished road
If you are looking for a 360, you can get a good one for 80k or less. A bank or credit union will do it.

Old 05-11-2010, 01:35 PM
circa_bc is on a distinguished road
I think this really boils down to your definition of 'regular working guy', Im only 24 just got myself a 2010 Subaru STI (yeah i know not as exotic and prestigious as a few other cars on this forum, but its my project car, i love doing the wrenching and I know a boxer engine inside and out).

Back to the topic on hand, I realized along time ago, that there is not enough time in a day to trade money for hours. If you've got yourself a stable passive income, as long as you can pay the bills, then lifes good. But if your still going pay cheque to pay cheque just trying to scrape through to make your car payments, its not worth it imo. (which it doesnt sound like your doing )

Old 05-11-2010, 04:14 PM
really , it doesnt matter if you finance your car or not. no one know but you.

many people finance their daily driver so why not a Ferrari. $50k is $50k the payment is the same for either vehicle

Old 05-11-2010, 04:19 PM
LBJ23 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DonJuan348

many people finance their daily driver so why not a Ferrari. $50k is $50k the payment is the same for either vehicle

It's not a status issue, it's an issue of financial responsibility (regardless of what type of car you're planning on buying).

Old 05-11-2010, 05:30 PM
GTLegacy007 is on a distinguished road
this thread makes me think I could own an F car

Old 05-11-2010, 05:46 PM
True about financial responbility ...

You can own a Ferrari ...just depends on which model you want

Old 05-11-2010, 06:49 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DonJuan348

I think a more important point is if you could pay cash if you needed to. If you are financing b/c the rate you can get is lower than your rate of return on your cash/investments, after taxes, then great, finance away (ignoring credit hit implications).

However, if you are financing b/c you don't have the savings to afford to possibly pay cash if you wanted, then buying an exotic, especially a Italian exotic, is a horrendous decision. Ignoring depreciation, $2k insurance costs, $2k tire costs, $400 oil chages, ect, what's going to happen if a $10k repair pops up that needs to be done or the car isn't driveable?

Old 05-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by MikeR397
).

However, if you are financing b/c you don't have the savings to afford to possibly pay cash if you wanted, then buying an exotic, especially a Italian exotic, is a horrendous decision. Ignoring depreciation, $2k insurance costs, $2k tire costs, $400 oil chages, ect, what's going to happen if a $10k repair pops up that needs to be done or the car isn't driveable?

dont know which model you have BUT insurance for mi 360 $900, oil change $175 ...and if you keep up on the car , there should not be a 10k surprise repair.

and financing doesnt mean someone cant afford to repair the car. BUT dont buy one if you cant afford to repair it either..

Old 05-13-2010, 09:07 AM
is.deleon is on a distinguished road
just got a porsche, i think i need to upgrade... nice thread by the way

Old 05-14-2010, 02:06 PM
MrMan is infamous around these partsMrMan is infamous around these parts
I agree with everyone who said that life is short and that you should "reward" yourself for working hard with a nice car or cars. However I think people should be very conservative with their spending. All the posters who warned younger people to invest, instead of spending, were very wise. Only buy toys when those purchases constitute a minimal fraction of your net worth. The thrill of buying new things wears off very quickly.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:25 PM
Rsal346 is on a distinguished road
I am 34 old year married, 2 kids self employed auto mechanic and bought a 430. I don't care how people deal with my purchase. I have no debt, priorities set to my standards and break my back every day to provide for myself and family. Got into a car conversation with my Dr. one day. He told me he inquired about purchasing a Ferrari at dealer and left with a pen. Buy responsably and do what makes you happy.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Rsal346 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by raidentech
The bottom line is people should invest for their future retirement savings. You don't want to spend all the money now for pleasures. You will have no money later on when you can't work anymore. People should invest in real estate, stocks, or whatever that can build a good nest egg. Otherwise, you will be living in a homeless shelter when you retire. Or continue working while you are in your 70s just to pay for the rent. Play now or play later.
I know too many older people with this quote "when I was young, I needed money and did not have it- now I'm old and have all this money, and dont need it". Not to mention the folks who are dead. Live and enjoy life. If you can afford a Ferrari you are doing somthing right. More money will follow and all will be fine. God Bless.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Rsal346
I am 34 old year married, 2 kids self employed auto mechanic and bought a 430. I don't care how people deal with my purchase. I have no debt, priorities set to my standards and break my back every day to provide for myself and family. Got into a car conversation with my Dr. one day. He told me he inquired about purchasing a Ferrari at dealer and left with a pen. Buy responsably and do what makes you happy.
score another one for a blue collar worker. People, it aint hard it can be done...

I live by this quote :Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arrivingsafely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid insideways, champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughlyused up, totally worn out and screaming "WOOHOO - What a Ride!"

Last edited by DonJuan348; 07-23-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to beholdModBargains II is a splendid one to behold
I can own a Ferrari.....nothing probably more than a Mondial with my budget.

Old 07-23-2010, 09:31 PM
Mondial is still a Ferrari and with the right shoes ....it can look very nice

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: any "regular working guys" own a 360