Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

any "regular working guys" own a 360

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 09:30 PM
fastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud offastlaw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by AJ_AZ
what are you guys paying of recent? I see all the asking prices, but what about purchase prices?

thanks

i purchased a slightly used spider-monkey **** video for 3 bannanas. which works out pretty good, because I can now trade the spider-monkey **** for an organ grinder and a lice removal kit. the lice removal kit alone will get 3.5 bannanas. things are starting to snowball here. warren buffet here i come

Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Perkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant futurePerkman87 has a brilliant future
This is such a good read, you could literally put some of the comments on here in a book sell them and make millions!! lol, "Better Yourself" <book title!!!!!

Old 08-31-2010, 09:57 PM
Lysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really niceLysoleverywhere is just really nice
Originally Posted by Ginza Man
Hey you live in ATL too. I am at Suwanee. I haven't seen any GT3 in ATL. Are there any type of Exotic meet in Roswell? Yeah...I was debating on these cars also. I am not ready to get a exotic this year but always looking at Ebay to see what the mkt value actually is. G-Car is def a less problem car when it comes to exotic. But then F-Car can't be beat when it comes to audacity. My love goes out to Ferrari. See you around!
I live in Johns Creek.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:41 PM
MikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant futureMikeR397 has a brilliant future
So used F430 prices have definately increased $10k-$12k over the last 6 months, or is it just me?

On the other hand, Aston Vantages and Lambo Gallardo's and Audi R8's seem to be shaving off $7k every six months.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:53 AM
AJ_AZ is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MikeR397
So used F430 prices have definately increased $10k-$12k over the last 6 months, or is it just me?

On the other hand, Aston Vantages and Lambo Gallardo's and Audi R8's seem to be shaving off $7k every six months.

It seems you are right! Last year 2005 ferrari f430 coupes were being sold for $118k-130k and now it seems they are a tad bit higher? Maybe I have lost my mind. Or it could be the fact some of the fire sales were do to personal situations and the owners just needed "out" and needed cash fast vs waiting it out till a decent offer comes in?

Old 09-11-2010, 03:31 AM
jabbaworks is on a distinguished road
Hey Guys,
newbie here! Great thread its nice to hear so many different opinions. I really feel better about my wish for exotics now.

I just turned 30 last month, Ive driven ****ty old cars my whole life and finally payed of my first "real car" a 2005 Ford Mustang Convertible (hold the stones and pitchforks!). Sure its a 25k car but it was a new car finally.

"The passion that drives you", pun intended, is what should motivate you. I make low 6 figures a year by now, no wife, no kids. My car is payed off, I rent because I dont want to settle somewhere yet (film industry moves you across the globe) so Im not thinking of buying a house. I do however do more business work and can now take on a deductible business car.

LEASING

a point nobody has talked about yet. It seems all of you buy or finance your dream cars to own them. hence a lot of talk about maintenance and repairs, high depreciation on these $150k cars. I was wondering if any of you ever just lease a car for 3-4 years. have that nice Porsche Turbo for 3 years, love it, drive it, then give it back. Sure maintenance is high but its also deductible. Leased cars should be under warranty so big repairs are only annoying but not hurting too bad.

I had my eye on a 911 turbo convertible. I test drove one today, its a 2008 with only 3500 miles for $119.000.
Ive been pondering cayman S vs turbo used and suddenly I saw a wonderful 430 Fcar in black sitting there. I was in awe. I always wanted a ferrari and a lambo diablo. Childood dreams.

Now I realized that this car is in reach (it was $139k) and suddenly my eyes widen and im thinking to myself im insane even remotely wanting to spend to much money on a car. then my reason kicks in and my whole business/deduction thing tells me its feasible. not cheap but not ridiculous either.

Follow your dreams. My point , after long ramble: this thread showed me maybe im not crazy maybe Im just getting a Ferrari because it can make me happy! Even if its only for 4 years. Then a Diablo, I dont know....

thanks for reading guys!
Andreas

Old 09-28-2010, 04:47 PM
thebabydoc is on a distinguished road
my 2 cents

To be honest, the underlying theme of this thread is rather offensive to many of us who have invested in our (and our families') futures.

I'm sorry that according to your definition I'm not a "working man." Since I am a doctor I had to wait until I was 25 until I could buy anything for myself because I was busy investing in my future, working 110 hour weeks for $30K for 4 years after med school. And even after that, rather than blow $100+K on something to show-off to the girls, I invested most of my money in income-producing real estate so, in the interest of the long-term safety of myself and my family, I kept my car purchases to what I knew I could live with 10 years down the road if times got tough.

Someone perspicaciously noted that "you pay now or you pay later." Yes, you should enjoy what you have now because you may not have the opportunity later, but on the other hand you 20-something year old millionaires should keep your eyes on the all-too-realistic possibility that you will not have 2 nickels to rub together and no career to fall back on ten years from now.

I finally bought a 2004 360 last year (off this forum, at that!) and, like every supercar car that I have ever owned, I have pretty much driven it every day. It has been fun, and as someone else noted, you get to enjoy it every day this way. I paid cash and did the math and this one worked out (well almost). As far as cost goes, so far it has cost me no more than any other car that I have owned (Lotus, M5, E55, C4S, 996TT, 997TTC...) to drive on a month-to-month basis, except for the 12 MPG it gets. Problem with paying cash is that the car actually costs me around $1,200/month in lost income! In other words, you also have to consider the opportunity costs when purchasing something this expensive.

BTW, I enjoyed driving my 911 TT's WAY more and I would sell the car now as I usually get a "new" car every 1-2 years, but my wife loves the attention we get from the valets, LOL.

Old 09-26-2011, 02:09 PM
aaron sundve is on a distinguished road
Talking

basically, we are all car crazy and dont let those idiots judge because u are in a Ferrari, or whatever. i just graduated from high school and i am in love with porsches so much. i currently drive a 1986 porsche 944 that i bought with my own money all 9000 grand of it. shes my sexy girl u know lol. point being is that i was in high school . u dont think i heard **** from them "o daddys car",i did and i didnt care because at the end off the day i was in a porsche. who cares get the car of ur dreams cause i know when im a nurse anesthetist i will be owning a new porsche.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:21 PM
AMG101 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Nice to hear from a hard working individual. I am currently in Pharmacy School and am hoping to buy a great car one day. I currently have a Audi a4 DD and a 1986 porsche , sun fun car. Your post made me realize that I'm almost to my goal! Thanks

Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 AM
RaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the rough
this thread has 40,000 views....wow!

Old 09-27-2011, 08:20 PM
chidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the roughchidoks is a jewel in the rough
this thread is very impressive especially for the normal working guy

Old 09-29-2011, 12:31 AM
e46<3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by s14roller
I had my first Porsche 911 at 23...2 years later, with a fully modded 996TT. Is the perspection bad sometimes? Sure, but you know what, who cares? You're a business owner...which is respectable...besides, at the end of the day, your character speaks for you anyway...i know this cause i tell the ladies i work at taco bell as the janitor...and u kno what? i always get the digits vs. those who brag about their private jets!
One of the funniest things i've read in a long time, because it is painfully true. I'm the youngest of my group of friends, and although we have a similar passion for cars, we obviously all have different taste. I am 21 and own my dream entry level sports car, an E46 M3. As much as i love this car, and it has encouraged one of my friends to finally get his 996TT, and another to boost his MK5 R32, we always tease each other about who will be the first to get an exotic car. My goal is to have my Underground Racing Scuderia or Gallardo by 30(as i'm going for medicine and will be in my residency by then). Guess we'll see who gets there first !

Old 09-29-2011, 08:47 AM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by e46<3
As much as i love this car, and it has encouraged one of my friends to finally get his 996TT, and another to boost his MK5 R32, we always tease each other about who will be the first to get an exotic car. My goal is to have my Underground Racing Scuderia or Gallardo by 30(as i'm going for medicine and will be in my residency by then). Guess we'll see who gets there first !
I am in a similar environment with my friends, funny how that works right....
You have pretty much the same end goal as myself, UGR Gallardo... We'll get there soon enough

Old 10-04-2011, 04:38 PM
vegaceo is on a distinguished road
Add Content

Old 10-07-2011, 04:15 PM
superbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to allsuperbike81 is a name known to all
I don't have an amazing job or anything, military medical officer (nurse), but I am currently in negotiations for a 06 430 Spider. I considered a 360, but the 430 just gives me a much better feeling in my gut when I drive it vs the 360 (just that X-factor people talk about). Many people seem to buy Mercedes/BMW brand new as their daily drivers, I don't. I'm driving an 11 year old Toyota Camry that gets the job done VERY well. The 430 will be a strict weekend/special event car and I'll likely put about 3000 miles on it the first year, and 1500-2000 each subsequent year. I'd rather drive a basic Camry daily in order to drive my dream car on the weekends than to drive a "nice" expensive new luxury car daily and not be able to afford my dream car. This is my dream car, and I'll be keeping it forever (as long as my family and I stay financially sound). We already own our home (which by the way we didn't spend $750k on like many people do) and have no car payments currently and no bad debt.

What I'm getting at here, is if a certain car is something that you have dreamed about for a long time, do whatever you have to do (within reason) to afford it. I don't see anything wrong with financing something you really want, even if it is a depreciating asset. Most people will say "pay cash or you can't afford it!" well, for many different reasons that I won't get into, I disagree with that. One reason being that I'm not one of those people who "saves now to live a better life later" I would rather live a good life now and later.

Yes, you will pay more to a finance company if you finance a 360 for $100k with $30k down. At 96 months and 7% you've got a ~$900 payment and are paying an extra $16k to finance. Another way to look at it is you are paying about an extra $150 a month in order to have it now instead of later. I think that's acceptable as long as you aren't putting yourself or your family in dire financial jeopardy.

Last edited by superbike81; 10-07-2011 at 04:18 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: any "regular working guys" own a 360