Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

would you buy a 360 with 25k+miles?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Hiro is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NewSong
Hey what's with the flame baiting Hiro? I happen to know quite a bit about Ferraris.

It's personal preference. You can keep your own Ferrari until it hits 150,000 miles. I don't care, but I'm not going to call you stupid because of it.

Chill out, relax, and get a girlfriend.
There is no flaming, but if i were you i would not comment on something that I do not really know, which you obviously do not in this case. Mod220 can benefit from getting comments from people that owns and knows the car (not just the specs and the models, or what you read in other forums of the "perceived" Ferrari ownership). I suggested that the best way is to call the Ferrari service shops to get their input, or even just talk to the sales at Ferrari dealers. You would not make the comments which you have if you have more idea about the car. This is the reason why others also laughed at your comment when you said a Ferrari at 25k miles is equal to 300k miles on other car. If you feel your comments can be supported by facts and experiences, then that is another story.

Sorry if I offended you with any of my words, but your words just seem to me that you do not know what you are talking about. We are here to try to help other forum members by providing insights and experiences to what we can share.

Also to your last comment, very unnecessary.

Old 10-13-2009, 02:55 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Cool

Originally Posted by Hiro
There is no flaming, but if i were you i would not comment on something that I do not really know, which you obviously do not in this case. Mod220 can benefit from getting comments from people that owns and knows the car (not just the specs and the models, or what you read in other forums of the "perceived" Ferrari ownership). I suggested that the best way is to call the Ferrari service shops to get their input, or even just talk to the sales at Ferrari dealers. You would not make the comments which you have if you have more idea about the car. This is the reason why others also laughed at your comment when you said a Ferrari at 25k miles is equal to 300k miles on other car. If you feel your comments can be supported by facts and experiences, then that is another story.

Sorry if I offended you with any of my words, but your words just seem to me that you do not know what you are talking about. We are here to try to help other forum members by providing insights and experiences to what we can share.

Also to your last comment, very unnecessary.
Opinion noted! Glad you could get that off your chest Hiro, but you sound like you are spreading a lot of misinformation. If all your info is from "Ferrari dealers", then of course you're going to get a lot of sugar coating. They are in the business of selling you the car, they won't tell you "Save lots of money for maintenance on this high mileage Ferrari because you're going to need it." Who would buy their car if they were truthful?

I posted this thread to the guys at Edmunds Talk, and they pretty much laughed at the thought of buying a 10 year old, 25,000 mile Ferrari for anywhere above $60,000.

Yes, with enough money, you can keep it running perfectly smooth. The OP would end up spending half the price of purchase in soon-to-be maintenance issues anyway.

But whatever, maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. It's not my money.

Last edited by NewSong; 10-13-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:53 PM
davesfo will become famous soon enough
if the price is right....

Old 10-19-2009, 12:50 PM
BMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really nice
What about this 360..anyone know about it? Seems to be well serviced with records etc etc. Interior isnt the greatest to me but $64k aint bad!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Old 11-17-2009, 02:22 PM
jcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to beholdjcpca356 is a splendid one to behold
We need guys like NewSong so he can take a bath on the trade and we can benefit on the resale!

Old 11-17-2009, 02:38 PM
NewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to allNewSong is a name known to all
Cool

Hey I don't care if you want my old stuff, that's why I'm trading it in.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:40 PM
italia550 is on a distinguished road
I think a 360 w/25k would be fine, but over 35,000 miles we are talking about too many miles unless the price is fantastic.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:53 PM
MamoVaka is an unknown quantity at this point
Clearly there is A LOT of forum BS without any real world experience..

a 60-70k 360 represents the BOTTOM of the used car market for this car.. you get what you pay for when you want the BOTTOM. <-- fact.. only 5% of these cars will be nice, and usually sold under financial duress of the owner.

I have a 360 modena and maserati gransport. I bought the modena with 6k miles and the gransport with 12k miles..

I now have 12k miles on the modena and 20k miles on the gransport.. Mechanically both cars are absolutely fantastic and better than anything I have owned previously..

I know people with over 100k on their modena's.. they are strong.. reliable cars.. There is NO ISSUE buying a 35k modena that has had it's service done.. no issue at all..

I say this again.. a NICE modena will still cost you 85-115k at least.. And when the market resolves it will firm up the prices even more..

Old 11-22-2009, 12:08 AM
BMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really niceBMoney5327 is just really nice
Originally Posted by MamoVaka

a 60-70k 360 represents the BOTTOM of the used car market for this car.. you get what you pay for when you want the BOTTOM. <-- fact.. only 5% of these cars will be nice, and usually sold under financial duress of the owner.

I have a 360 modena and maserati gransport. I bought the modena with 6k miles and the gransport with 12k miles..

I now have 12k miles on the modena and 20k miles on the gransport.. Mechanically both cars are absolutely fantastic and better than anything I have owned previously..

I know people with over 100k on their modena's.. they are strong.. reliable cars.. There is NO ISSUE buying a 35k modena that has had it's service done.. no issue at all..

I say this again.. a NICE modena will still cost you 85-115k at least.. And when the market resolves it will firm up the prices even more..
You are truly right. But a modena with 35k and up miles with up to date service records and etc will have to drop the prices to the $60-70k mark not $85k and up,but that still doesnt mean it's NOT a nice car. Your friends with the 100k mile modena's will really have to take a loss "if" they ever decide to sell.

Old 11-22-2009, 01:13 AM
Banned
911Shark is on a distinguished road
The cheapest one I found was around $85K with 10,000 miles. Haven't seen any nice 360's for the prices you guys are talking about... http://globalautosports.com/index.cf...came_from=make

Old 11-22-2009, 06:44 AM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
just make sure you get all the service records on the vehicle, and you should be fine....but i did always wonder why they only gave a 3 year/unlimited miles? anyone can answer this, that would e great...

Old 11-22-2009, 10:10 AM
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough

wow over 100k miles on a modena? curious where would you peg a car like that pricewise? I'm thinking around 40k?

Old 11-27-2009, 03:34 PM
ScuderiaFerrari is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BMoney5327
What about this 360..anyone know about it? Seems to be well serviced with records etc etc. Interior isnt the greatest to me but $64k aint bad!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Yea that is great for the price, but Yellow with Tan interior isn't a good combo in my opinion. But for $64k, who cares. I found on at dupontregistry.com for $69k, in Rosso Corsa with tan interior and aftermarket rims......

But Ferrari's are crazy to mantain (parts-wise). It costs a couple of thousand dollars for a steering wheel for a Ferrari 250. The older they get the more money it'll cost to fix and maintain them.....unfortunately.

Old 11-27-2009, 04:25 PM
MamoVaka is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ScuderiaFerrari
Yea that is great for the price, but Yellow with Tan interior isn't a good combo in my opinion. But for $64k, who cares. I found on at dupontregistry.com for $69k, in Rosso Corsa with tan interior and aftermarket rims......

But Ferrari's are crazy to mantain (parts-wise). It costs a couple of thousand dollars for a steering wheel for a Ferrari 250. The older they get the more money it'll cost to fix and maintain them.....unfortunately.
you canot compare maintenance on a classic ferrari with the 360.. The 360 and newer are the cheapest ferraris to maintain.. parts and abundant and the cars are damn near bulletproof

Old 11-27-2009, 04:56 PM
ScuderiaFerrari is on a distinguished road
you canot compare maintenance on a classic ferrari with the 360.. The 360 and newer are the cheapest ferraris to maintain.. parts and abundant and the cars are damn near bulletproof

I understand, just stating the older they get, the harder and more $$ parts will get. But because there are more of them, the newer models won't be so hard to find parts for them because of all the companies making these parts aftermarket and replacement...if that makes sense.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: would you buy a 360 with 25k+miles?