Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Introducing Myself - new F430 owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 05:14 AM
Lee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the rough
Introducing Myself - new F430 owner

I am a long-time sports car addict who has owned everything from Alfa Sprint Veloce's to MG LeMans prepped Midgits to Astons. I have owned an F430 for a week now. This is my first Ferrari to own, although I rebuilt the engine and drivetrain of a 330 GTC yearsw ago, and drove it for about half a year while getting it sorted out for its owner.
Mine is not really different from other 430s: red, with the factory SF shields, Daytona interior, so carbon trim that apparently is optional but I have seen on every other 430 I looked at, and the 6-speed manual (this was difficult to find, I must admit), and new - less than 500 miles when I picked it up.
I waited until I could see what the Italia was like before deciding to buy now. It is a fine, and no doubt faster, car, and I must admit I really liked the idea of direct injection. But it is too Evo-like in apparenace - I never liked the high in the middle/low at both ends look of that car, smooth and optimum as it is. I am more traditional and prefer the lines, and transmission, in my 430.
Other than the fact that the dealer somehow lost the sound-system manual (getting me another) and I can't get most of the features of the radio to operate , I am quite pleased with this car, and impressed with the difference between it and the Aston I traded on it.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:37 AM
Yani can only hope to improve
Congrats on the purchase - especially a 6sm! Enjoy it!