Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Can I buy a ferrari?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 11:19 PM
Ducky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really niceDucky993 is just really nice
Originally Posted by addbe
Lee, I'll consider your suggestions seriously. I have a 911 Carrera and I don't know what ferrari feels like. Thank you.
I think that is your first step.. Hook up with a local enthusiast and talk to him about ownership. Specifically with regard to "maintaining" the F-car. Showing up to a local gathering with a Pcar with your interest should certainly yield some significant information and possibly great relationships.

IIRC the 360's are the first of the Ferrari's that don't require an engine out service so the maintenance is certainly cheaper, but it no way Porsche pricing.

Go for a drive and I suspect you'll have your answer.

Sounds like you've played your cards right. You seem to be actively forward thinking, worst case is you sell it for a loss if you determine it is not for you, and you collect your dignity and move on.

Life is short. You've earned substantial interest from the properties that even in a "bubble" seem to be profitable for you. Good job and good luck!

Post pics and post pics of the females that you acquire in the process..

Last edited by Ducky993; 06-12-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:05 PM
GoingGreen is on a distinguished road
Honestly. I am not in a position to afford any ferrari at this point except a Testarossa or 328.. So I might not be the best one to listen to. However I am your age and as one member stated, "while driving my 430 I wondered why I waited so long". I also know a thing or two about regret and it's a hard bowl of bull$hit to eat.

My point is your young. If you want ferrari to show off like most. Then wait, people just hate you more when you do it to show off. But if you are a true enthusiast as I am and melt every time you hear a 360/430 exhaust note. Or you constantly look at pictures some times for no reason on your desktop or know you will definitely spending hours just sitting in your garage just staring at its pure beauty at the end of a long day. Then dude go for it.

Sell one property. Go half way man. You aren't going to be young forever. You might never get this opportunity again. If the market gets worse and your car & property isn't worth $hit, who cares. You will have fun driving your ferrari to get your mind off things. If your a true enthusiast you will make the sacrifices needed to enjoy your life while you can.

Last edited by GoingGreen; 06-13-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:38 PM
Former Vendor
dk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud ofdk996tt has much to be proud of
At the end of the day, you will answer your own question. if it is worth it for you after all things considered, you will buy it. if not, you won't.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Danger Granger is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SCEye
are you saying that one's net worth has to be $7-15millions to get a $150K car?
I think that's a bit conservative.
IMO, 5% is just about right with one more requirement, the car must also worth no more than 20-25% of your income.

So you are sayin that in order for me to purchase a car worth 30K I should be making 120K for it to be within my price range?! That doesn't seem right.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:15 PM
VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !VAGscum Is a GOD !
Why not buy a ferrari? It isn't a neccesity to spend 200k on a ferrari. I know plenty of people who buy really big new diesel trucks for 50k. You can buy a clean ferrari in that range if you are smart about it. Or you can go straight for the 250k one too. No matter how much money you have, a sports car is a poor investment 95% of the time. Do it if you can afford it and can live with a poor investment like a sports car. That's my .02

Old 07-12-2010, 05:27 PM
SCEye has a spectacular aura aboutSCEye has a spectacular aura aboutSCEye has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Danger Granger
So you are sayin that in order for me to purchase a car worth 30K I should be making 120K for it to be within my price range?! That doesn't seem right.

take my free internet advice for what it is. Don't use it if it doesn't fit your life philosophy. these may sound like fighting words but really I am not trying to be an ethug.
I am fairly conservative monetarily. IMO, today's toys should not compromise tomorrow's security.

Old 07-12-2010, 05:45 PM
jacx920 can only hope to improve
****in' buy it. I am 17 years old and own a car worth more than my mom's car (not my dad's) and I make like 3K a year, lifeguarding. I bought a dream car, and now, I have another dream car, and I will buy it when I start making real money, and thats how it will go for the rest of my life. Honestly, life is too short not to do what you want, and too short to not do what makes you happy. every time I drive my car, I get the same feeling that I did when I stepped into it the first time, thrill. I make the payments on my car, and buy my own mods and gas, and I am almost depleting my savings account on this ****. Plus, when I go to sell this ****in thing, I will be out atleast 7K, if not more, and I will probably have only owned the car for 2-3 years, and with no real income, thats alot of money... I did what I wanted to do, and live with the consequences. Thats life, and I am living it...

PS- my rents are paying for college so thats why I blew all my money on a car...

Old 07-12-2010, 05:54 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by addbe
Lee, I'll consider your suggestions seriously. I have a 911 Carrera and I don't know what ferrari feels like. Thank you.
lets see after you drive a ferrari , you get that tingly feeling inside , kind of like when you bang a really hot broad , and your sitting there like yeah!! with a big on your face .

Old 07-12-2010, 08:22 PM
jacx920 can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by unvmy996
lets see after you drive a ferrari , you get that tingly feeling inside , kind of like when you bang a really hot broad , and your sitting there like yeah!! with a big on your face .
seems about right, except a hot broad may be a little better...

Old 07-13-2010, 01:18 AM
flash80 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jacx920
****in' buy it. I am 17 years old and own a car worth more than my mom's car (not my dad's) and I make like 3K a year, lifeguarding. I bought a dream car, and now, I have another dream car, and I will buy it when I start making real money, and thats how it will go for the rest of my life. Honestly, life is too short not to do what you want, and too short to not do what makes you happy. every time I drive my car, I get the same feeling that I did when I stepped into it the first time, thrill. I make the payments on my car, and buy my own mods and gas, and I am almost depleting my savings account on this ****. Plus, when I go to sell this ****in thing, I will be out atleast 7K, if not more, and I will probably have only owned the car for 2-3 years, and with no real income, thats alot of money... I did what I wanted to do, and live with the consequences. Thats life, and I am living it...

PS- my rents are paying for college so thats why I blew all my money on a car...
Oh to be 17 again. Check back with us when you have actual responsibilities.

p.s. I like that 25% rule--seems reasonable. Obviously, the majority of ppl live beyond their means.

Old 07-13-2010, 12:25 PM
Lee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the rough
25% rule? This is my 25% rule: more than 25% of the people in this world areutter fools -- stupid (by which I mean the Webster definition, insensitive and not recognizing what is going on around then), diseased, and unhappy, too. That is no reason to say you will copy them just because there are so many of them. they are perinially in debt, buying more than they can afford and paying interest to the far-fewer-than-25% who have wealth partly because they loan money to the fools.

You can buy a Ferrari - but you can't afford one.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:48 PM
ubiquitous is on a distinguished road
I was in the same boat as you. I'm not much older than you (28) and I debated for almost half a year before taking the plunge. Mind you I did not buy a brand new one, so it was a little cheaper. But I do have a lot of family with F cars which helped the decision. If you can afford it why not?

The F car is strictly for fun, I have never parked it anywhere besides my garage and I use it strictly for leisurely driving through the mountains just north of Vancouver. My daily driver is a 997 GT3 and I can tell you between the two it's night and day. Just the sound alone of the F car makes it worth it for me.

you live once

Old 07-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
Don't buy new b/c you aren't in love with them and also aren't totally comfortable with the purchase price. Buy used and you can always upgrade if you like the experience. If you don't, you won't get hurt financially and can still say, "Been there, done that." and maybe that will be enough ...

Old 07-13-2010, 08:13 PM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
If you can make the payments with out losing sleep I say go for it. But I think selling off your property's that make you your living is not the smartest idea.

My dream car is a UGR Gallardo, hell I can probable swing it if I sold off my share in the business that I own but wouldn't be the wisest decision I could make at my age.

Im still young and I have time to establish myself. Not having the car now will push me to work harder to be able to acquire it one day but it still isn't my main goal.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:56 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
here's a thought.....it happened to me.. i goin along fine enjoying life , fast 996tt , great golf , great country club wonderful guys to play with and i have a stroke, can't move my left side....... the stroke takes it all away in a heartbeat... sooooo if you can get ferrari get one bucks will come and go but the enjoyment will become a memory forever make those memorys today , please excuse my spelling .... good luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can I buy a ferrari?