Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Esprit vs 430 F1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 12:59 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Wait i don't get it, Allan was actually honest about a Ferrari race haha jkjk man.. Im actually surprised though, the F430 is a world away from a Gallardo, the 360cs if anything goes head to head with gallardo, why is everyone surprised

Old 11-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Banned
allanlambo has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally posted by aj996tt
I've heard conflicting stories on the F430 performance envelope, some good, some bad. I guess we'll know better when there are more of them on the streets and in tests. From what I've read/heard, the F430 is a pretty big improvement on the 360.

On another note, even in a straight line, driver skill and attentiveness vs adrenaline can make a difference. Your Esprit, while fast, has won some runs that I wouldn't expect it to, and I think your driving experience has something to do with the outcomes.

Guess we need to see more folks driving in and against the new F-Car. . .whatever the outcome, I think we can all agree that the F430 is a beautiful machine.
The final Edition Esprits from the factory are substantially faster than any other Esprit made. Lotus did not announce any changes to the car, although they made several. Even though it seems I did many changes to the car, i did not, and the Hp change only went from 344 rwhp bone stock ( car also only had 100 miles on it) to 370rwhp. When you figure a stock 996TT makes about 350rwhp, but weighs 3400lbs, and the Esprit weighed 2800lbs, you can see the Esprits Huge advantage.

Most of the substantial races Ive had were with people I know, and can drive very well. The 430 belongs to the Owner of Sp Engineering, Alex and many of you here may knowhim, he also had a worked up 996TT. We raced several times. The owner of the Gallardo is also a good friend of mine, and we've raced prob 5-6 times with the same outcome. On the Gallardo race, I should add, that from a first gear roll of say 10mph, The Gallardo will get out on the Esprit. I must immidietaly shift and the Gallardos tall gearing gives it an advantage. He can hold lead to apprx 130mph where i start to real him in.

The 430 according to Alex is bone stock, excpt he pulled the valve tronic so thats its always open. The car screams, id say its a 125mph 1/4 mile car. Ive driven it, its faster than any 996TT, X50, Gt2 Ive driven. Dare I say it may be faster than my Murcielago too. That race is coming.

Anyways, I do disagree that the 430 is beautiful . Kinda ugly inmo. The Gallardo is much more exotic. even Alex is contemplating getting rid of it now, as in his opinion... its just ok. He is waiting to see how the Gallrdo SE performs, which if it is true what the magazines say, and it walks the 430, will be incredible.

Old 11-26-2005, 12:03 AM
RPM
RPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud ofRPM has much to be proud of
allan, its funny, i was in the 430 two nights ago and as i was passing a gas station a dark green 04 esprit was pulling out and i couldnt take my eyes off it. he saw me looking as i passed and he laughed. at the stop light he pulls out next to me and gives me the thumbs up and when it turned green, hauls away. i just watched him and i didnt even realize the light had changed! i really liked the rear of that car!

Old 11-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Broadway Performance is on a distinguished road
I highly doubt a Gallardo SE can pull even 1 car length on a 430 to 140mph. Neither one will be a full car lenth to 140ish. My Lexus made 470rwhp on a Mustang dyno not long ago on pump gas and I raced my good friends 430. I was 3/4 of a car ahead at 145ish. The 430 is an absolute animal and I'm sure the SE should run the same. My friend who lost in the 430 has an SE Spyder coming. He had a normal Gallardo before the 430 and says the 430 is definetly faster. I also raced him with a Tubi exhaust. Sounded unreal!!!! I'll post the kill in the proper section.

Last edited by Broadway Performance; 11-26-2005 at 06:13 PM.