Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Marchionne says No to V-12 Turbos

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 04:13 AM
rocketman will become famous soon enough
Old 05-07-2017, 08:43 PM
CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !CornersWell Is a GOD !
Well, Ferrari was never going to go forced air. Until it did. So, um, yeah. We'll see.

However, tuners like Novitec have turbo'd the modern 8s with success. Maybe they'll take on a 12? I don't think they've done one, yet. The N-Largo didn't have forced air. Although, Novitec also uses superchargers, I think, so they might go that route. As a side note, I wouldn't know where they would PUT turbos or superchargers (have you seen how tight the F12s engine bay is?). As another side note, Koenig did a twin turbo set-up for the BB and the Testarossa. So, it can surely be done.

And, if I were SpA, I might even quietly encourage someone to give it a shot. Maybe I'd even give them some technical assistance. Let them use their reputation to take the risk, so to speak.

Ferrari also has a long history of outsourcing some of the bleeding edge development to firms like Michelotto. Michelotto's bigger than it was, but I doubt it has the resources to do much more than what it is right now (the 488GT race car production is at their facility).

Anyway, if Bugatti can do quad turbos on a 16-cylinder, why can't Ferrari put two on a 12?

CW

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.