Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > Italian > Ferrari
Reload this Page >

Did Ferrari "borrow" the engine start sound on the Lusso page?

Notices
Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Old 05-01-2018, 07:05 PM
6Speed Town Crier
Johnny Mayday will become famous soon enough

Because this post presents a pretty compelling case the just straight-up jacked the audio of a Porsche!

Old 05-02-2018, 06:39 PM
6Speed Town Crier
Johnny Mayday will become famous soon enough
The evidence sounds pretty compelling...

Old 05-06-2018, 01:45 PM
CornersWell has a reputation beyond reputeCornersWell has a reputation beyond reputeCornersWell has a reputation beyond reputeCornersWell has a reputation beyond reputeCornersWell has a reputation beyond reputeCornersWell has a reputation beyond reputeCornersWell has a reputation beyond reputeCornersWell has a reputation beyond reputeCornersWell has a reputation beyond reputeCornersWell has a reputation beyond reputeCornersWell has a reputation beyond repute
I sincerely doubt SpA copied Stuttgart's sound. Honestly, our 550BPF sounds just like the Porsche, truth be told.

However, manufacturers are known to have "tuned" their sounds for decades. In particular, the Japanese copied MB's door close.

Exhaust sounds have to be a direct function of the engine. 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 all sound and rev different to me. As they should.

Honestly, I miss the olden days. We could tell what was coming down the road just from the engine note...

CW