Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Trickle charger via the cigarette lighter?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 07:29 AM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
Trickle charger via the cigarette lighter?

I have a Porsche cigarette trickle charger that I use on a lot of my cars. When I try and use it on my 430 I hear a repeating "clicking" sound from under the dash...something like a relay/solenoid clicking over and over. It also turns the radio on for me... even without the key in.

Do you have any idea what is going on? Can I use the trickle charger or am I hurting something?

I know the answer is to drive the car more often...but I have a lot of cars and it gets hard in the midwest once winter hits.

Thanks
Chuck

Old 09-15-2006, 09:07 AM
tomf-1 is on a distinguished road
chuck,

i used interstate battery tender plus on the cig lighter of my 360 at all times when not in use w/ absolutely no issue whatsoever.

not sure which battery charger you use bu the interstate works great. once the light turns green, it stops charging.....

Old 09-15-2006, 11:59 AM
2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold2thfixr is a splendid one to behold
Make sure that your cig lighter is hot even with the key out of the ignition. Porsche 12v outlets are always on. If your Ferrari's 12v outlet is off with the key out, then you might be experiencing grounding issues. You might want to try connecting directly to the battery terminals to see if it does the same thing.

Last edited by 2thfixr; 09-15-2006 at 12:06 PM.