Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

Maserati Quattroporte Automatic Launched

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 04:32 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Maserati Quattroporte Automatic Launched

Maserati Quattroporte Automatic
With a view to broaden its range even further, Maserati is about to launch the new Quattroporte Automatic alongside the current Quattroporte fitted with the DuoSelect gearbox.
The name, Quattroporte Automatic, describes the car’s main innovation. It is fitted with an automatic six-speed ZF gearbox, which ensures a smooth, fluid gear change while allowing for rapid shifting, for improved driving comfort.
The all-new transmission system results in a slightly different weight distribution ratio (49% front, 51% rear, vs 47% front 53% rear of the DuoSelect version with transaxle layout), but still preserves the extremely sporty nature of the Quattroporte. The torque converter also boosts the progression of the V8 Maserati engine at low to medium speeds, without limiting its power.
The international press will be given a preview of the Quattroporte Automatic at the Detroit Motor Show, and the car will be on sale worldwide from January.
Launched in 2003, the Quattroporte immediately grabbed the attention of the media and car enthusiasts alike, thanks to its sophisticated, elegant design, specification and performance-enhancing technology. The Quattroporte has always been at the forefront of the luxury sports saloon market, since it created this new category back in 1963. It is now considered the archetype of this market segment, which is being explored by other prestigious names in the car industry. Since 2003, the Quattroporte has received 28 awards from the world’s most prestigious media: a tangible sign of its popularity in the motor industry and with the public.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:33 PM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light

Old 12-08-2006, 04:52 PM
PRS29 has a spectacular aura aboutPRS29 has a spectacular aura aboutPRS29 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the information! I will tell my uncle. He has a QP, and isn't too happy with the transmission. They did a great job with it. Very elegant looking!

Originally Posted by MeanMachine

Old 12-08-2006, 04:53 PM
bentley500 will become famous soon enoughbentley500 will become famous soon enough
Looks like a smart move by Maserati. I think the biggest criticism of the early Quattroportes was the transmission, and hopefully this one will be great.
I think that now all it needs is some more power because 400hp is becoming obsolete for high powered sedans!

BD

Old 12-08-2006, 04:56 PM
By the way the coupe is going to be in showrooms by july 07

Old 12-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Shawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond reputeShawn C has a reputation beyond repute
Great, Now all it needs is some real horsepower and I will buy one.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by Shawn C
Great, Now all it needs is some real horsepower and I will buy one.
In 2006 the Sport GT comes equipped with a sports exhaust's, Its sounds amazing. Yeah It needs a little from the HP side.

Old 12-14-2006, 01:13 AM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
well i think it's pretty horrible, more mommys will be driving this car now, so ya it's not as sporty as it once was

Old 12-14-2006, 03:54 AM
6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about6088TTS has a spectacular aura about
Oh ****... here comes granny ferrari... slap that gearbox in a 612 then we got a caddy competitor!!! hahaha

Alan

Old 12-14-2006, 05:05 PM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 6088TTS
Oh ****... here comes granny ferrari... slap that gearbox in a 612 then we got a caddy competitor!!! hahaha

Alan

well put my friend

Old 12-17-2006, 04:59 PM
PTarga is on a distinguished road
Yea, I don't get the point of this. It's a sports sedan from a sports car company, not a Cadillac.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:39 PM
what's not to get? some guy takes his wife to the dealership to buy her the most beautiful sedan in the world......she gets in for a test drive, and cant get it out of the parking lot.

"honey i don't like this car." she says

test drive over!

Old 12-18-2006, 04:13 PM
PTarga is on a distinguished road
That's why I said "Cadillac".

Old 12-19-2006, 05:26 PM
-Hsa8- is on a distinguished road
That was a need

Old 12-19-2006, 06:10 PM
TripleInboard is on a distinguished road
If Maserati wanted to even try to compete against BMW and Mercedes, they had to do this. In my opinion this is something the car should have had since day one. I never understood why a car of that size needed a sequential manual....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Maserati Quattroporte Automatic Launched