Ferrari Discussion on everything Ferrari related; F40, F50, Enzo, F430, Testarossa, to the Ferrari 599, 458

It's Here!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 05:19 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by JoeyG

VROOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!! !!

Driftin' 599's fo' real yo.
Haha that car wont leave the dealership with CST on! Thats like the best thing about the mannetino, it turns EVERYTHING off. Plus with 620hp and f1 superfast drifting is like daily driving lol

Old 01-31-2007, 07:18 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ttgangsta
Haha that car wont leave the dealership with CST on! Thats like the best thing about the mannetino, it turns EVERYTHING off. Plus with 620hp and f1 superfast drifting is like daily driving lol
Be careful... we don't want this

-Joe

Old 01-31-2007, 07:33 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Yeah I know! My uncle was talking to my dad the other day because i asked him to help me figure out the floor mounts on the enclosed car carrier so I can track the 599 this summer, and my dad was starting to get a little worried. So then my dad and I had this huge conversation about me not killing myself in a car accident and now I'm starting to get a little worried. I will say this though, I had a lot of close calls in the Turbo and I think I have gotten a lot more responsible (the hard way) without breaking anything thank god. The only problem with Ferraris though for me is, that they seem a lot more fragile. You know its one thing to slide into a gravel trap in a turbo, its another to be the tool who put his new ferrari in one!

When I tracked the turbo I was so comfortable with the car I was driving 10/10s after like 10 laps, but with the 599 I am a lot less experienced plus its a lot faster. I imagine once it comes in though I will adjust to it, and worst comes to worst just slow down and drive it in sport mode (yeah right im sure that'll last 100 miles ). My first DE will probably be Mid-ohio and I don't know if you are familiar with that track, but turn 11(i think) is this 90 degree turn up a hill and you are doing about 100 I think at the top the hill and still tracking out and track just drops and the cars slide over. Right next to the outside curb are huge tractor tracks from them pulling cars off the wall too. So I have pretty much been having nightmares about that for a few months lol. At the end of the day though I feel like that car was made for the track and should be pretty safe.

At least the car has CCBs so I can stop fast!!!

I want pics/video of the 550 man, you need to get on that asap. I want to go on youtube and see you doing this huge drift around a clover on-ramp or something!

P.S. you know now that you guys have a 550 you can end your posts with "forza" like all the guys on f-chat

Last edited by ttgangsta; 01-31-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:50 PM
JoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud ofJoeyG has much to be proud of
Honestly, if you're capable of driving your Turbo 10/10's, after getting acquainted to the 599 you'll be fine. Anybody who can drive a car at it's full potential can drive almost any car after a certain period of time. It's the fact that your level of aggression can be that high. Once you get over the fact that your car is 350k and that it drives like any other car (just FASTER in every aspect) you'll start to get more into it and find it's limits.

Can't wait to see YOUR beast when it arrives!
Video will be coming shortly... should be of the car on a dyno .

-(Forza ) Joe

Old 01-31-2007, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by JoeyG
Honestly, if you're capable of driving your Turbo 10/10's, after getting acquainted to the 599 you'll be fine. Anybody who can drive a car at it's full potential can drive almost any car after a certain period of time. It's the fact that your level of aggression can be that high. Once you get over the fact that your car is 350k and that it drives like any other car (just FASTER in every aspect) you'll start to get more into it and find it's limits.

Can't wait to see YOUR beast when it arrives!
Video will be coming shortly... should be of the car on a dyno .

-(Forza ) Joe
You mean to tell you me already got the modding bug? That's just plain messed up man! Like I said though, highway on/off ramp, that's what seperates the men from the boys .

Whatever you do just enjoy every mile!

Old 01-31-2007, 10:29 PM
An opportunity presented itself .

Pshhh, on an off ramps are for the women and children! You need to come up here and experience real back roads! Ramps are indeed a ton of fun though...

every mile will definately be enjoyed-- I'm sure you'll do the same in your 599!

-Joe

Old 01-31-2007, 11:03 PM
up here? where are you located Im pretty damn north right now (boston) and its damn cold!!!!

Old 02-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Oh jeez!!! Man I thought you were in Fl. for some reason... I'm in the Philadelphia suburbs!

Old 02-01-2007, 01:04 PM
lager99 is on a distinguished road
Congrats!!!!

Old 02-01-2007, 01:06 PM
haha thats south my friend! One of my best friends from highschool goes to wharton, if i come down to see him i want to see the 550. Are you going to put a tubi on? I heard a tdf/cuio 550 with a tubi once, I pretty much fell to my knees when it started up. That is such a sick car.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by ttgangsta
haha thats south my friend! One of my best friends from highschool goes to wharton, if i come down to see him i want to see the 550. Are you going to put a tubi on? I heard a tdf/cuio 550 with a tubi once, I pretty much fell to my knees when it started up. That is such a sick car.
South it is...

Sechsgang is going to Penn next year so I'll be up there on weekends hanging out.

And you have a pm.

-Joe

Old 02-01-2007, 03:19 PM
as do you....

Old 02-01-2007, 03:21 PM
thsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nicethsiao is just really nice
Nice cars!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.