OT: Best Places in Florida to Retire??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 11:50 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
OT: Best Places in Florida to Retire??

Looking to fully retire in 3-4 years and the wife is interested in moving from North Carolina to Florida to live. She has some experience in the Tampa area and I lived in Key West for a few years during my military career. Looking mainly in the center 3rd of the state with an eye toward the gulf shore areas. Being right on the water not a necessity. Local infastructure and living standards for upper-middle income important. Looking for homesites with 1-2 acres in the $300-350K range.

Looking for recommendations from anyone that has a favorite town or village they gravitate toward. Want to make a list of 4-5 areas to recon sometime next summer. Thanks for your imput!!

Old 04-30-2015, 12:23 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
The Naples area is nice...

Old 05-05-2015, 12:52 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Naples is nice. It's far from many things except Miami. It's also known for its high income per capita. I used to live there.

Sarasota and Venice are nice too. Sarasota is getting crowded with traffic. I like Sarasota as it's relatively close to Tampa

I would stay gulf coast too.

Old 05-05-2015, 01:00 PM
cab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud of
Thinking about retirement also the next 3-4 yrs.

Subd and bump!

Old 05-06-2015, 03:02 PM
Rico is on a distinguished road
I second Chups recommendation.
Stay on the west coast of FL / Gulf side.

Old 07-11-2015, 12:54 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rico
I second Chups recommendation.
Stay on the west coast of FL / Gulf side.
Why? Come on over to the east coast, Melbourne Beach, Indialantic, Vero Beach. There are a lot of nice places to live over here. Less crowded, slower life style.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 04-08-2017 at 03:20 PM.