Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

some of my collection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 11:48 PM
ivory8 is on a distinguished road
....sorry if I'm being completely ignorant to your life and how you live.

but i just don't believe this thread, i feel like it is a lie. It doesn't make sense to me that you exchange expensive cars all the time. Go from purchasing a 100,000 plus car, and then buying a 25,000 subie. To ME, it feels like you just walk around taking pictures of yourself with nice cars. Is there reasoning for you to have an M3, and then after you have the M3 and c63 go buy a 323I bmw, it just doesn't make sense. That's a car that's far down graded from what you already own. anyone else feel this way??

I may be an ignorant, pessimistic ******* for making this post...but this whole thread seems far fetched to me.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:30 PM
signalpuke is on a distinguished road
Some countries have very different laws and taxes for importing cars. While some of these cars may seem cheap to people in the US, depending on the engine size and other duties, they can be very prohibitive for people to purchase. Having something that was never imported before also has its appeal.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:35 AM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
I'm confused.?.

"my-collection"

As in my photo collection...of vehicles... I have taken pictures of?

Old 01-23-2012, 03:54 AM
JCHouston is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ivory8

but i just don't believe this thread, i feel like it is a lie. It doesn't make sense to me that you exchange expensive cars all the time. Go from purchasing a 100,000 plus car, and then buying a 25,000 subie. To ME, it feels like you just walk around taking pictures of yourself with nice cars. Is there reasoning for you to have an M3, and then after you have the M3 and c63 go buy a 323I bmw, it just doesn't make sense. That's a car that's far down graded from what you already own. anyone else feel this way??

I may be an ignorant, pessimistic ******* for making this post...but this whole thread seems far fetched to me.
I don't know the guy personally but I've met him once years ago at a car event in HK, he is definitely a huge car fan and has a huge collection from what I can remember; mostly BMWs at that time.

There are many car nuts in HK, some even has a bigger collection than Wan. Back in 2004 I bought a Maser CC off a guy that has 30+ cars in HK; so yes there are many car collections in HK. I heard of someone that has over 60 cars in HK; a bit insane but that's how some ppl do things over here.

Wan, congrats on the very nice collection and keep up the good work.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:36 PM
Red Alert is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ivory8

just look at his license plates, after he switch some cars but keeps the license plate. there are too many pictures to find but i remember seeing it. but if you ever been to HK, you will know what kind of place HK is. its made of gold you can almost say. population to ratio wise they have the most ferraris in the world.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:03 AM
986_c6 is on a distinguished road
Listen peeps...if you travel enough, there are plenty of places with much more $$$ than we have here in the states---> HK being a very exaggerated one for sure.

Every other car there, besides the taxis, would make you drool and your eyes pop out with envy. Just some of the frigginn personalized license plates alone would cost more than the little place we call "home" here (and I live in Cali btw, for you midwest folks, it would be 3-4 of your homes for ONE of those plates). Shall we get into the cost for parking the cars?!?!?!

Just admire Wan for being a true car guy, with a passion for sharing, and not one that buys cars just for status.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:34 AM
986_c6 is on a distinguished road
Hey Wan888, just looked at all 26 pages...where are the American cars????

And I reeeeealllllyyyyyy miss my 04 NSX-T now (formula red/camel)! Shouldn't have sold the dang thing!

Old 02-15-2012, 05:22 PM
ivory8 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VID997
I'm confused.?.

"my-collection"

As in my photo collection...of vehicles... I have taken pictures of?
agreed, i feel like we've all been had! 26 pages of troll! :O

Old 03-03-2012, 12:47 PM
chineseguy is on a distinguished road
Some of you guys here really need to go out and explore the world, Wan is just a small example of car owners in HK. Owning a car in HK is a privilege and if you are able to afford a parking spot for your car, then you should be able to afford anything you want.

A car is that last thing you will need in HK unlike other places around the world. So a car collector here in HK can be compared to a watch or art collector. Not everything you collect has to be premium price. Also special cars like STi, 997s to F458 which aren't targeted to the mass market comes at a heavy price here in HK so i wont look down on someone who owns a sports car that would cost 30k in the states.

Enough with some of these ignorant comments about trolling. Although i dont know Wan personally, i have numerous friends that can vouch for him.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:27 PM
GETU1 will become famous soon enoughGETU1 will become famous soon enough
Any updates!?