Notices
Garage Forum Share pictures of your garage with the rest of the 6speedonline members. Learn about Garage flooring, painting, art, and more in this forum.

My Garage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 01:30 PM
YNOT2K is on a distinguished road
Those XL tiles really look great!

Old 03-31-2013, 10:42 AM
devil boy will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by YNOT2K
Those XL tiles really look great!
Thanks!

Here's another pic. I find it funny that when I have the door open while I'm tooling around, of all the people that walk by and look, it's only the children that actually say anything and compliment on the garage. Ironically the kids don't seem to care about the car at all but they think the garage is very nice.

Attached Images  
Old 06-16-2013, 05:37 AM
oldsock is on a distinguished road
Devil Boy, those tiles look awesome! I was going to epoxy my floor, but now I'm reconsidering! How hard was the install?

Old 06-16-2013, 09:23 PM
WTRacing has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Im in the same boat with whether to epox the floor or do tiles myself..

anything done to the S10?

Old 06-16-2013, 10:27 PM
JackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond reputeJackOlsen has a reputation beyond repute
Racedeck makes a nice product.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by oldsock
Devil Boy, those tiles look awesome! I was going to epoxy my floor, but now I'm reconsidering! How hard was the install?
Thanks. The installation was very easy. They just snap together. On the opposing walls and around the cabinets and water heater I used a hand-held jig-saw to trim to fit.

6 months now and about the only things I have to report are that the white tiles will show the tire wear marks pretty prominently so every couple of weeks when I'm out washing the cars I will mix up some Simple Green and mop the floor. It will get them clean but where the car and truck tires repeatedly travel over the white tiles is always a little dingy. I'm not sure what product could get them fully white again.

Originally Posted by WTRacing
anything done to the S10?
Quite a bit actually. I used to autocross and track it regularly when I lived in Hawaii. Won a couple trophies here and there. It's just a 4-banger so it is pretty slow from a start but you can really get them to handle well with a few mods and it can carry it's momentum through the turns. It was fun to toss around.

It is now my DD so I soften up the suspension and put it back to a stock alignment so it is more comfortable for the streets. That little truck has been around the world, Hawaii, Korea, all over the western United States, not to mention getting flogged around the track or through some cones. The most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. 11 years and still running strong.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:47 AM
I discovered that WD-40 and a rag will magically get the white tiles gleaming white again and removes the dingy tire stains very easily. Just need to use a little Simple Green afterwards to remove the WD-40 film otherwise the tires imprint their tread pattern right back down again.

Old 10-07-2013, 02:31 PM
willybeen is on a distinguished road
^thumbs up. looks great.

Old 10-26-2013, 04:02 PM
m3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud ofm3brendan has much to be proud of
Turned out nice!

Old 10-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks!

Old 08-16-2016, 03:13 PM
I added some garage art to the walls. RR5 poster and two posters courtesy of Porsche from the 911R challenge.

Racedeck tiles are still holding up nicely. I've developed a method to cleaning them. I will sweep out the Arizona desert dust about once a week or so and maybe once a month or when convenient, I will hose down the tiles, throw some Simple Green around randomly, and scrub with a stiff bristled floor broom. Then rinse it out with a hose and squeegee dry...and yes, for those eagle eyes viewers, Orkin came out and treated my termite problem

Old 08-16-2016, 06:47 PM
Sizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond reputeSizzle Chest has a reputation beyond repute
Digging the garage art!! Especially the center piece!

Old 09-01-2016, 02:56 AM
Lotus907 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by devil boy
Thanks!

Here's another pic. I find it funny that when I have the door open while I'm tooling around, of all the people that walk by and look, it's only the children that actually say anything and compliment on the garage. Ironically the kids don't seem to care about the car at all but they think the garage is very nice.

I have swiss trax in mine and I get the same basic response. People don't talk to people impromptu anymore.

Old 11-16-2016, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by Lotus907
I have swiss trax in mine and I get the same basic response. People don't talk to people impromptu anymore.
I sat out in the garage on Halloween and handed out candy to the kids. Had plenty of people compliment the car and/or the garage that probably normally wouldn't have approached otherwise.

Old 08-04-2022, 09:47 AM
cockmanjan is an unknown quantity at this point
<!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->Even now, your garage looks presentable enough. I mean, it looks much better than any garage I've ever owned. I'm not going to renovate my garage in the next two years because my garage does a great job of keeping the heat inside. It's enough for me that it's an enclosed garage, not too spacious. I'm from Australia. Of course, we get torrential rains, thunderstorms, and other nature stuff. But even cantilever carports are enough for me to put my two cars underneath. I'm probably the most unpretentious car user you know. If you want my opinion about your future garage floor, I'll tell you that you can lay the floor in slabs of red or coral-colored granite.

Last edited by cockmanjan; 08-08-2022 at 10:57 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Garage