Group Buys This forum is for special group purchases offered by our 6speedonline sponsors. Join in on a group buy purchase, and save big!

***Laser Interceptor Laser Jammer Group Buy***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 07:13 AM
REDSpdwgn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Normal Sensor: 80mm (3 1/8")L x 32mm (1 1/4")W x 15mm (9/16")H
Slim Sensor: 80mm (3 1/8")L x 24mm (13/16")W x15mm (9/16")H

Thanks for that...

Old 02-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Silttor is on a distinguished road
deputydog, I'm guessing there is but I thought I'd ask anyways. Is there any problem with sticking the heads behind a grill? Been wanting to place them on a 06 G35 but not quite sure where I can place them on the front.

Old 02-10-2009, 02:27 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
Anybody secure the heads with a foam double stick tape, like they use on some spoilers??

Old 02-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Redundant is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E36M3Dave
a technical question...does this work for speed cameras/speed traps? Overe here where Im from they placed speed cameras along the highway and it snaps a picture when you go over the limit.

plz let me know
Dave,

Are you talking about the mobile speed cameras? I haven't seen any in San Diego.. In Phoenix they have cameras on the freeway, but they are not using laser or radar to capture your speed. They are using sensors in the ground to gauge your speed, thus any laser jamming would be useless.

Richard

Old 02-10-2009, 07:11 PM
CinqueValvole is on a distinguished road
Deputy,

Just sent you a PM for a friend.

Thank you.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:33 PM
2010MM is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by brnsrgn
Anybody secure the heads with a foam double stick tape, like they use on some spoilers??
Wouldn't recommend it. Best to use VHB tape.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:49 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
never used it before. please more info?? what to look for, and how to use it.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Wink

It's made by 3M. Google VHB tape. Use it like normal double sided tape. Very strong (stronger than rivets). They build skyscrapers with it

Old 02-10-2009, 09:12 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2010MM
I believe the slim has a wider scanning pattern. As mentioned, they work best in the back.
Simply, LIDAR Enforcement from the front is not a High-Axis as LIDAR Enforcement from the rear as you are shot from a great distance upon initial painting. You have plenty of warning with the ahead scenario and little to none with the rear scenario. The slim sensors can detect (see) better in the rear scenario than the regular sensors can.

Regular Front and Rear Slim Sensor's dimensions are exactly the same in height and width and differ only in their depth front to back. This is to better facilitate installations under say the trunk lip of most vehicles. As the Slim Sensors have special optics designed to better address the characteristics of LIDAR Enforcement from the rear, the Regular Sensors should only be mounted up front and the Slim Sensors in the back of your install vehicle as the Regular Sensors perform better up front and the Slim Sensors perform better in the rear.

lim heads have a wider receive angle compared to normal heads. This also means that normal heads have a higher optical gain (meaning better reception) in the more limited angle they cover.

All in all:
Angled shots: slim heads
More coverage area: normal heads
Sunlight interference rejection: normal heads
Long distance shots: normal heads, doesn't really matter as receiving not the problem

Old 02-10-2009, 09:17 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Silttor
deputydog, I'm guessing there is but I thought I'd ask anyways. Is there any problem with sticking the heads behind a grill? Been wanting to place them on a 06 G35 but not quite sure where I can place them on the front.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
As long as you use the good 3M designed for Body Shop Exterior Applications and one follows the same Rules for proper leveling, 3M Tape installs are fine.

Mine installed with tape and secured with zip ties. Works fine. You can actually use the zip ties to adjust the tension to level the heads if that makes sense.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by E36M3Dave
a technical question...does this work for speed cameras/speed traps? Overe here where Im from they placed speed cameras along the highway and it snaps a picture when you go over the limit.

plz let me know
If they are Laser Based Speed Cameras or Laser RLC, yes, the LI will alert. See here:

http://elvato.blip.tv/file/1701071/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHCT7D-0XIs

Old 02-10-2009, 09:24 PM
The units are already shipping!!

FYI, LI accepts both credit cards and paypal.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:28 PM
All pm's received and you should have invoices in your email by morning. Pay tomorrow and you could be jamming laser by the weekend

Old 02-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by deputydog95
I'm just organizing the group buy. You are going to pay and receive the units directly from LI USA.
Thank you for the information deputydog95. That works out nicely. I would also like to add a personal thank you for doing this, and I think I speak for the other members here also, it is a really nice thing that you're doing by saving people money like this. You turn on the news these days and it's all so depressing, and with the recession the way it is, it's hard for most people to buy things such as this. It's really nice to see when someone like yourself does nice things like this to help people. Just a quick note to let you know that it is greatly appreciated. I will send you the information that you requested via PM either today or tomorrow. Thanks again

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***Laser Interceptor Laser Jammer Group Buy***