Group Buys This forum is for special group purchases offered by our 6speedonline sponsors. Join in on a group buy purchase, and save big!

***Laser Interceptor Laser Jammer Group Buy***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 12:17 PM
wowgogs is on a distinguished road
I just saw this today...
so its over??

Old 03-01-2009, 12:30 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
I can probably squeeze you in. What's your email and which unit do you want?

Old 03-08-2009, 03:14 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
Had my dealer install it. Looks good.

front view

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

close up

switch location

If someone can embed these pics, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Overall it looks good. Here's to never finding out if it has a weakness.

Last edited by brnsrgn; 03-08-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:25 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !

Last edited by deputydog95; 03-08-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:27 PM
I can't tell in the pic, but are they angled with the driving light? It looks like it in the pic. They shouldn't be if that's the case.

Ideally, I would have put them above the driving light and as far to the left and right as possible. I would also have it poking out just a hair. You have a black car, which is helpful to start. This is an easy fix though. You want to get the heads as close to the headlights as possible for maximum coverage.

Old 03-08-2009, 03:32 PM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
The location of the heads was chosen by the owner of LI, he sent me a picture with locations, labeled first through third marked on a picture of a 997 TT cab. He even specified where the laser bubble should be. The location chosen was exactly as he specified for best possible placement Also I took the pictures at a slight angle, the heads are perpendicular to the axis of the car as they should be.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
The location of the heads was chosen by the owner of LI, he sent me a picture with locations, labeled first through third marked on a picture of a 997 TT cab. He even specified where the laser bubble should be. The location chosen was exactly as he specified for best possible placement Also I took the pictures at a slight angle, the heads are perpendicular to the axis of the car as they should be.
He knows best! Go with his suggestion as he is the expert Cliff has tested dozens and dozens of cars. If he said that's the spot then no worries. Was my suggestion even on his list of 3? Normally the recommended location is parallel with the center line of the headlights, as close to the headlights as possible. Although I did recently see a Blinder unit in a 430 spyder that was installed way down low, behind mesh. It still worked, kind of. I'm sure he has a reason for selecting that particular location.

I was just out in my driveway checking my DD install out. I'm going full obnoxious. I'm moving them as wide as possible with the supplied brackets and having them stick out probably a full inch out of the grill I have my brackets sized and bent. I just need to file down the edges and paint them.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:21 PM
here's Cliff's suggestions

green best , red worst of three

Old 03-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Interesting... I'm glad I at least selected the yellow and not the red He may be taking into account the total front area and trying to find the mid point with the green location. He may also be taking into account that the green location protrudes out a bit further than the yellow locationi if you flush them with the bumper edges. Personally, I would have done the yellow and had them protrude out some. Then again, I don't sell these for a living so what do I know?

Old 03-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Red was ok too, just ranked the three BEST locations, green, yellow red in that order.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:05 PM
leoist is on a distinguished road
I just found you guys. Can I get in on the GB for the LI?

Thanks,

Leo

Old 03-14-2009, 03:17 PM
Send me a PM with your email and which unit you want. I'll try and slip you in. I'll tell him you got lost in my inbox No promises but I'll give it a shot.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:56 PM
leoist is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Send me a PM with your email and which unit you want. I'll try and slip you in. I'll tell him you got lost in my inbox No promises but I'll give it a shot.
Deputy, I found a couple of other current GBs on the forums and did it thru there. Many thanks!

Leo

Old 03-16-2009, 03:54 PM
No problem.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:26 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
CRAP! I just seen this now. Can you sqeeze me in also??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ***Laser Interceptor Laser Jammer Group Buy***