GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Bluetooth solution for the GT3 (*s2000 content, Porsche solution?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 10:35 AM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
Red face Bluetooth solution for the GT3 (*s2000 content, Porsche solution?)

I spent the better part of last week reading the PCM booklet trying to figure out how to sync my cell to the Porsche phone unit only to find out that Porsche does not offer Bluetooth for our cars! I guess in europe they have an optional phone module and once activated, you can insert the GSM chip into that funny looking pop out slot about the volume ****...

Well I found this pretty nifty Bluetooth kit made by CigBlue that is totally clean with only a nice brushed aluminum (blue LED) button that controls the whole system. No cradles or anything else exposed. The button is designed to replace the cigarette lighter so no drilling either. I bought 2 kits and decided to try the install on my s2000 as a test first. Basically a call comes in, you just press the button to answer and speak through the mic never having to take your hands off the wheel or find your cell phone.

The system plays through the existing door speakers and will mute your audio if wired up correctly. I found a perfect location for the button in my s2k near the hazards. I have yet to finish wiring it but here's some sample pics. If this works well then I'll try it in the GT3.

Someone told me that in July/2008, it will be illegal to use your cell while driving? that sucks but at least this will help.

Hope you guys enjoy the pics,
rick

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Old 02-12-2008, 01:22 AM
Daytonaviolet will become famous soon enough
looks good in the S2000, but why drill holes in a GT3. the tooki bt kit works perfectly with the oem pcm nav. its 100% intergrated. i believe there was a group buy by bumperplugs a while back.

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/me...y_Code=987elec