Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Wheel Lip Tape

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 10:34 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by renntech36
+1??? SO interested to know as well as I have been trying to figure out if this is what I need???
+2.....i wanna know too

Old 12-21-2007, 11:30 AM
djenders has a spectacular aura aboutdjenders has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DM1
P97

We should start getting some kind of commission from these guys for referring them so much.
I just called them. They have no P97 part #.

Old 12-21-2007, 12:33 PM
P97
P97 is infamous around these parts
LOL. P97 is my handle

There's various ways of getting these on straight.

One way is to get the double stripe tape. Have the first stripe close to the edge of the wheel where it touches the tire. This way, the second stripe will be the same distance all around. Then simply pull out the first stripe.

The second way is what I posted elsewhere, but pasted below:

Install is straight forward. Hard part is keeping the spacing evenly from the edges.

What I did was took a 1/4" stripe, put it flushed against the edge of the wheel where it mates to the tire. Did this all the way around. This will serve as a evenly spaced temporary guide for the real 1/8" stripe.

Next, using your finger, put a thin coat of water around the lip. This will allow the 1/8" stripe to move around so you can flush the stripe against the 1/4" stripe. By sliding the 1/8" stripe in place, it will give it that rounded look vs. the angled look you get if you were to tack it in place. You have to have patience here and "squeegie" out the water from underneath with your finger. It may slide around a bit, but if you're patient, you'll get the hang of it. Try dapping it dry with a towel.

Afterwards, peel away the 1/4". By the time I got to the 3rd wheel, I got a good sense of what to do. Had to go back to the 1st wheel and redo.

I initially thought the 1/8" was too thin, but when it's on the wheel, the "halo" effect makes it look much larger than it really is.