6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/)
-   GT3/GT2 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/gt3-gt2-12/)
-   -   Why Is the Nissan GTR faster on track than a GT3 (https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/gt3-gt2/122558-why-nissan-gtr-faster-track-than-gt3.html)

JASCLASS 03-17-2008 09:34 AM

PORSCHE "There is no Substitute"

Jake Ok 03-17-2008 09:57 AM

Kind of cheezy to be buying a car based on the tag line...yah.

Hamann7 03-17-2008 02:46 PM

EXPLICIT,

So how do you compare the GTR to your GT2?

Lounge Lizard 03-17-2008 03:16 PM

I would chose the GT3/GT2 over the GT-R for sure, and for many reasons. Badge isn't one of then though. And after a GT-R test drive my opinions may change. But I'd chose the GT-R over a TT right now, because it ticks all the same boxes and probably does a lot of things better and for 1/2 the price.

What makes me sick is all this playstation generation, the electronics do all the work, no driver involvement cr@p that is being shouted around to try and justify the GT-R being faster than a GT3.

To drive around the 'Ring in less than 8 minutes takes a lot of driving skill in any car. So what some people are implying is that anyone can now buy a GT-R and do 7:38 around the 'Ring...I mean the car does all the work right?

I can't wait for this thing to hit the streets.

fcar348 03-17-2008 03:45 PM

cant stop the march of progress...

fuel injection vs carbs
wide low profile radials vs narrow tall bias plys
power steering vs std
power brakes vs std
abs vs non
paddles vs manual
stability/traction control vs none

i can see keeping these things off of racing cars to allow for more viewer enjoyment (nice to see f1 cars power sliding now that tc is gone) but not off street cars

Jake Ok 03-17-2008 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Lounge Lizard (Post 1739944)
I would chose the GT3/GT2 over the GT-R for sure, and for many reasons. Badge isn't one of then though. And after a GT-R test drive my opinions may change. But I'd chose the GT-R over a TT right now, because it ticks all the same boxes and probably does a lot of things better and for 1/2 the price.

What makes me sick is all this playstation generation, the electronics do all the work, no driver involvement cr@p that is being shouted around to try and justify the GT-R being faster than a GT3.

To drive around the 'Ring in less than 8 minutes takes a lot of driving skill in any car. So what some people are implying is that anyone can now buy a GT-R and do 7:38 around the 'Ring...I mean the car does all the work right?

I can't wait for this thing to hit the streets.

I agree about the lack of driver involvement technology and i would prefer the GT3. That having said, its kind of like golf, most tend to buy the latest driver each year just to get and extra 5 -10 years off the tee. You don't see many playing with a 360 cc head driver very often these days or blade irons anymore..even the pros are switching to more forgiving clubs just to compete, sacrficing feel for accuracy and distance. Unless you are Tiger Woods.:)

toddbee 03-17-2008 05:52 PM

I sure hope the porsche paddles are going to me as good as the latest in the newer cars. I hear the GTR's shift hella fast

CorsicanBB 03-17-2008 09:26 PM

I agree with all the guys who posted about the GT3 being a far superior driver's car, which will compete better with the GT/R on warm tires. But even if both cars were identical in feel and performance, I would still choose the GT3. That GT/R is the ugliest car on the road!! Man that thing is ugly!!!!

CorsicanBB 03-17-2008 09:27 PM

Did I say it was ugly? :eek:

EXPLICIT 03-18-2008 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Hamann7 (Post 1739896)
EXPLICIT,

So how do you compare the GTR to your GT2?

Can't compare, i won't see the GT2 till January 09, we dont get priority delivery here in little old perth.

I can compare to my old 996tt which was around 480hp (zorst/flash).

Similar levels of grip, gtr turns in better and the bonus of more hp. run flats on the gtr are a big let down. Strong brakes. Its a japanese car no doubt, but the bar has been set a little higher. Gearbox is stupendously fast, launch control is idiot proof.

Regarding the speed limiter. Its currently governed by satilite navigation. Speed limiter is lifted when its within japanese race grounds (i.e. race track/drag strips etc, officially recognised in japan) There will be a 'cheat' for it in due course.

ChromeHearts 03-18-2008 12:23 AM

Was the GT-R tested a production model? For the longest time, Nissan was displaying and testing a prototype (non VIN) / non production model on the tracks and auto shows. I verified this myself when I got into the GT-R last year and it didn't have any VIN OR Emissions stickers. Yes the GT-R will be a hot car and I have no doubt about it, its got the latest in technology and testing. My only complaint is that its a bit heavy. My uncle is selling his 997 GT3 and is now waiting for his GT-R to arrive.

kaansahbaz 03-18-2008 02:07 AM

gtr is faster then the 997 turbo
watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDoJdQXmwu8

XLR8N 03-19-2008 06:55 AM

Nissan GTR

It looks just like a Mitsubi**** Eclipse to mehilarious

Mvez 03-19-2008 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by kaansahbaz (Post 1741118)
gtr is faster then the 997 turbo
watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDoJdQXmwu8

Big deal....a 2009 GT-R is faster than the current 911 Turbo, WHICH was introduced in mid-2006.....not that impressive. Nissan is basically beating 2 year old competition in some areas of performance testing, which they specifically targeted. Porsche will have an answer and it won't take 5 years like Nissan did, and will feel sorry for the competition when that happens....I have no problem with Nissan, they make great performing, well engineered cars at a great price (i.e. 350Z, now GTR)....but they don't have the pedigree of a Porsche and never will.

Nissan should enjoy the spotlight, it won't last that long. Nobody gets to enjoy it for long in today's market. This has the makings of an all-time great shootout between 2 sets of extremely prideful engineers....Germans vs. Japanese.

If anything, this Nissan will bring out the best in Porsche, which will only increase the performance-per-dollar-paid in a Porsche. Everybody wins...