GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Carrera GT with a custom body kit!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 09:51 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
e,
is that the new place? looks awesome.

pick up the phone ****.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:54 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
I like the new bumper

Old 03-25-2008, 10:07 AM
LAZY TURBO is on a distinguished road
the pictures are nice, but the bumper is ehhh

Old 03-25-2008, 10:23 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
I like it, the only thing I don't like is the little bulge at the top outside corners of the air dams. It bulges out just a little too much for some reason and doesn't make it look like factory quality. It's almost like it doesn't fit 100%

Old 03-25-2008, 10:26 AM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Stock is better.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:08 AM
mister_jkd is on a distinguished road
Can't say it looks better or worse than stock, but it's very tastefully done.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Banned
RWDRIFTC2 is on a distinguished road
its actually just a bolt on front bumper so the stock one can be reattached. I think it is very aggressive and with a few more minor touches would rival the Gemballa kit

Old 03-25-2008, 01:25 PM
Don Relentless will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by themarsman
I think you are the first person I have ever heard call the stock look of the Carrera GT boring.

Personally I think you car is over the top and looks tacky, but I am glad you like the look.

If someone said they would modify my car with that body kit and give me 100K, but I had to keep it that way, I wouldn't take the deal.
whats 100k have to do with anything. if someone offered me 5 million to live in michigan id turn it down. fine you dont like it. keep yours stock then.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Don Relentless will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 20C4S
e,
is that the new place? looks awesome.

pick up the phone ****.
i got the karting video you sent me. thats the worst crash ive seen in karting. btw we need to go, moran is closed and now i have my karts stored in fontana, i heard theres a a decent track around there. ill call you tonight.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:45 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
i figured this was E's car.. only he would be crazy enough to do this...

hey E' i hear there is a new track in camarillo/oxnard that just opened up like a year ago..
has anyone been?

found it.. jim hall http://www.jimhallkartracing.com/

Old 03-25-2008, 02:14 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
I think Gemballa is a bad benchmark to use since their products are ****. However, I would hope that even those jokers would use a wind tunnel to test their aero kits on the Mirage GT.

The main concern I would have about this kit is how it would impact high speed aerodynamics. i.e. coefficient of drag vs. lift?

I also don't believe the wheels on the car are superior or even anywhere close to the factory Mg wheels in terms of weight and strength.

I know what E was trying to do here... it's basically a design exercise in aesthetics. He is a talented f-ing designer after all. Those creative types are a bit wacky sometimes.

I just wish form would follow function in this case rather than just bling.

If money were no object and I was to change a CGT, I personally would have DP design my aero and make the pieces in vacuum bagged CF, and commission BBS to make a 1 piece forged Mg mesh wheel, like the Manthey wheel, in factory sizes.

Or maybe get BBS to make the new RSR monoblock wheel in 20"

Old 03-25-2008, 06:07 PM
TechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeTechArtDreamer has a reputation beyond repute
You know what, I like it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with changing Porsche's design. Its not like he molded new pieces on, cut it up, sliced and diced. He bolted a new bumper on, and obviously still has the stock one in his garage, and can switch back at any time.

The wheels, in my opinion are not to bad. Once again everyone has their own taste in wheels, but I don't think they are hideous like some are making them out to be.

Can't wait to see what is next.

-Markus-

Old 03-25-2008, 06:21 PM
NMT
Former Vendor
NMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to beholdNMT is a splendid one to behold
Thats where i used to snap all the shots of the Redline whips! I like it E! Its about time someone changed it up.

Old 03-25-2008, 06:48 PM
ShutterSpeed has much to be proud ofShutterSpeed has much to be proud ofShutterSpeed has much to be proud ofShutterSpeed has much to be proud ofShutterSpeed has much to be proud ofShutterSpeed has much to be proud ofShutterSpeed has much to be proud ofShutterSpeed has much to be proud ofShutterSpeed has much to be proud of
I like the stock better, but with a few tweaks it has serious potential. My only complaint is the openings are too large. Size down the openings to maybe 3/4 of that would look pretty badass.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I'm digging it bro. Can't wait to see it in person.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT with a custom body kit!