GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GTR v-Spec laps ring faster than CGT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 07:04 PM
ztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to behold
THESE TIMES FOR THE GT-R VSPEC WERE BASED OFF OF BYSTANDERS.

Sounds like new car giddiness. I believe when I see the true product. Bystanders "guesses" dont count, especially when most are probably nut swingers.

Lexus article states the same thing. Coincedence that their claim beats the gt-r's by 1 second after they refuse to believe the gtr could be faster.........

Old 04-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Targa Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond reputeTarga Tim has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by unique
guys if this is true about the v spec gtr...

i give you all my word i will own one and not care if it is a nissan... that time is just NUTZZZ
same here

Old 04-11-2008, 10:36 AM
srika will become famous soon enoughsrika will become famous soon enough
I just timed the V-spec myself. It ran a 7:09!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Z07
Banned
Z07 is on a distinguished road
They're predicting the possibility of 7:20.

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/news/de...?storyId=17865

A prototype Nissan GT-R V-Spec has been spotted at the Nurburgring lapping at least 13 seconds quicker than the standard car.

The GT-R has already been proving its Porsche 911 Turbo-killing performance, but it looks like the new one can take on a Carrera GT around the ‘Ring.

The V-Spec prototype was spotted this week during an endurance shakedown, featuring a new front splitter, redesigned rear spoiler and new wheels.

The ‘Victory Spec’ car has apparently lapped the Nordschleife in less than 7min 25sec.

Walter Röhrl lapped the Ring in 7:28 while driving a Carrera GT in 2004.

Insiders at Nissan claim that the V-Spec is in fact capable of lapping the ‘Ring a full 18 seconds quicker than the standard car.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:08 PM
iceman996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hamann7
If anyone would know about this stuff, it's you, Bill!

So basically, it can be summarized as Nissan cheating using GPS and no way in hell anyone is going to replicate those times without GPS telemetry that is proactive. This car is more and more like a video game every day. I don't even understand why they would need a driver... they could just use GPS to have the car drive by itself?

This would certainly explain why Sport Auto's Horst van Saurma only got 7:50, guess Nissan forgot to bring the computer equipment and eggheads in the pits driving the car for him.

Nissan has been full of **** before, I suspect this won't be much different.
Wow, you should build your own website: www.porschefanboys.com

Old 04-11-2008, 01:14 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
totally insane! how can such a heavy car handle a course like the ring? suspensions have a hard enough time there with 3000 lbs let alone this beast's 3500.

if awd makes such a difference, why did the gt2 take it away from the tt?

would a veyron with twice the hp, in addition to awd, and dual clutch trans, lap the ring in under 5 minutes? most drivers of the veyron complained about its weight limiting its handling. why no such problems with gtr?

ps. it does seem like there is going to be a tragedy there with all these drivers trying to set records for the manufacture's braging rights. the ring is not exactly a safe track.

Last edited by fcar348; 04-11-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by iceman996
Wow, you should build your own website: www.porschefanboys.com
And you should buy a GT2. Then you might understand.

Trust me, no matter how fast that rice rocket is, I would never trade a GT2 for it. Especially some fixed up Altima that needs GPS and remote electronic programming to match Porsche's times. That's Nissan for you.

Walter Rohrl is like the Gary Kasparov of driving I guess. Eventually there will be a Big Blue by IBM driving cars around the Ring. Or in this case, a Sony Playstation 4...

Last edited by Hamann7; 04-11-2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:40 PM
fcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant futurefcar348 has a brilliant future
just drove on track yesterday with a new gt2 and while it looks better than i imagined, its exhaust note was very weak. if i were spending that kind of $ i would have to go italian exotic. gtr is just an insane rocket for cayman type $ though.

Old 04-11-2008, 01:42 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hamann7
And you should buy a GT2. Then you might understand.

Trust me, no matter how fast that rice rocket is, I would never trade a GT2 for it. Especially some fixed up Altima that needs GPS and remote electronic programming to match Porsche's times. That's Nissan for you.

Walter Rohrl is like the Gary Kasparov of driving I guess. Eventually there will be a Big Blue by IBM driving cars around the Ring. Or in this case, a Sony Playstation 4...
AGREED!

BTW I wonder what Rohl would do in a GTR Vspec, a 7 flat? lol comparing the CGT's time to the Vspec is all good, but they don't understand one is 100x more of a challenge and harder to drive, put the Nissan driver in the CGT they are getting 9 minutes lol. Oh that's good with the GTR you say, anyone can hop in and pull a quick time, well I don't want to be one of those people looking like a superhero behind the wheel with no skill!

Old 04-11-2008, 01:51 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by fcar348
just drove on track yesterday with a new gt2 and while it looks better than i imagined, its exhaust note was very weak. if i were spending that kind of $ i would have to go italian exotic. gtr is just an insane rocket for cayman type $ though.
And what about the GT2's performance on the track?

Old 04-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Z07
Banned
Z07 is on a distinguished road
Absolutely. I've heard it's completely impossible to crash a GTR. The people at the pub say that it drives itself.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:31 PM
sp330 is on a distinguished road
Ring times mean nothing to me, if its not fun to drive I'm not buying it

Old 04-12-2008, 12:13 AM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vincentdds
If I love the GTR as much as some of you I would be on dedicated GTR forums instead of here.
I've been on the other forums as I now have sold the 6 GT3 and now thinking of selling the Challenge Stradale and get a Dodge and a Nissan. I can't believe I'm saying this, but getting rid of one of the best modern Ferraris for a Dodge SRT-10 ACR coupe and a GTR Spec V. Now, just in case Porsche comes out w/ a direct injected (read more HP) GT3 RS, PDK and when I can get one at MSRP, then I may come back to the P car camp, if not, I'm going to the other side.

Old 04-12-2008, 03:35 AM
Spyderidol will become famous soon enough
Marc Besseng (official works driver for Porsche) estimates that the resurfacing of some of the corners of the Ring are worth 4 seconds /lap.

Old 04-12-2008, 07:07 AM
amg rider is on a distinguished road
Any idea on the price?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTR v-Spec laps ring faster than CGT