GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Evotech 4.0L GT3 conversion, Anyone?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
I guess the level of interest is low. Speaking for myself with all the current economic issues, a high ticket item as this goes to the back burner.
We are in a mother of an economic pickle. Dropping $50K is not in my plans unfortunately.
There will be better days .

Cheers
Ranger

Old 12-10-2008, 03:38 AM
greekm3 is on a distinguished road
I have this kit in my GT3...actually is not from evotech only.....what exactly do you want to know guys?

Old 12-12-2008, 12:10 PM
c2mojo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by greekm3
I have this kit in my GT3...actually is not from evotech only.....what exactly do you want to know guys?
We would like to know everything!!!!

Old 12-13-2008, 03:43 AM
Originally Posted by c2mojo
We would like to know everything!!!!
Ok guys...this kit is made actually from Kraus-systems in
collaboration with Evotech.... Evotech is more commercial company for this reason they have it in their site,Kraus-systems usually made engines for race cars....last week they build a RSR engine in FL for Tyler Stewart Motorsports and tested in Sebring with excellent results...Marco Kraus create for Ruf CTR 1 engine(they did 341 km/h in 1987) and CTR 2 engine with a TAG Electronic System on it. This system is used by many Formula 1 Teams. They did 360 km/h in 1994. For Techart, He done CT 3 and 3,4l Boxster (winner of the Tuner Grand Prix Cabrio), a 996 GT 3 (winner of the Tuner Grand Prix Quickest car). and many-many other project which i dont remember this moment,He has done also all electronic stuff for FvD ,techart and Hamann for many years.....anyway ,in their Kit they use coating Mahle pistons(and another cylinderheads) and actually is 3.9Ltr......i dynoed my car in MAHA in Germany and i saw 492,4bhp at the crank......this kit included full exhaust from Kraus-systems and run in stock air-filter!!!!!cause when we change the filter we didnt see any difference in dyno........also my car has a shorter rear axle from cup car and i run another clutch and flywheel......i saw in my performance box 3,75sec from 0-100Km/h and 0-400m in 11,7 sec.........i have done untill know 7,000km with this kit and i havent any problems ........

Last edited by greekm3; 12-13-2008 at 03:52 AM.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:20 AM
drqiman is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a great car and very fast. Do you have the weight of your car? I am currently working on reducing weight on my stock 997 GT3 as a way of making it faster and better handling but in the future, I would consider increasing displacement on the engine. However, before I do that I am going to improve the suspension and brakes. Have you done any upgrades in these areas?

The stock engine is very responsive and free revving. I am assuming that the reciprocating mass of the larger pistons has increased so I wonder if the redline is lower for the 3.9L engine vs the 3.6L and wether the free revving nature of the 3.6L engine is affected?

With the conversion from 3.6L to 3.9L and added horsepower, there has to be added stress to the block. Do you know if Kraus requires a rebuilt schedule for this conversion?

Thanks in advance for your response and if you have a picture of your car please post it.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:59 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
^Most stroker kits I know of use a lighter, stronger, billet crank with lightweight pistons and rods. I wouldn't be surprised if this setup is lighter than stock components! Pretty impressive.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:04 AM
Originally Posted by drqiman@mac.com
Sounds like a great car and very fast. Do you have the weight of your car? I am currently working on reducing weight on my stock 997 GT3 as a way of making it faster and better handling but in the future, I would consider increasing displacement on the engine. However, before I do that I am going to improve the suspension and brakes. Have you done any upgrades in these areas?

The stock engine is very responsive and free revving. I am assuming that the reciprocating mass of the larger pistons has increased so I wonder if the redline is lower for the 3.9L engine vs the 3.6L and wether the free revving nature of the 3.6L engine is affected?

With the conversion from 3.6L to 3.9L and added horsepower, there has to be added stress to the block. Do you know if Kraus requires a rebuilt schedule for this conversion?

Thanks in advance for your response and if you have a picture of your car please post it.
Thanks for your comment....yes,the car is very good..but is time to sale it...anyway....my suspension is stock but i have different alignment,from Kruas-systems.....marco seefried(race driver in germany) help with that....we thought that the back part of the car was nervous and we done another alignment....i can say now is better...i tested the car in Hockenheim and i find it very good balance...the brakes is stock..i have change brake pads and brake fluid....is enought ....actually i dont know the wight of the car....the redline now is 8650rpm......here is some fotos of the car..is in our PC for sale

Attached Images      
Old 12-15-2008, 03:05 AM
..and some other

Attached Images   
Old 03-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Redpunk can only hope to improve
I can't find any shop selling their stroker kit outside.

Can anybody help me with purchasing one, please?

Old 03-13-2010, 10:38 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
The difference with enlarging the engine capacity will increase the low end power along with the high end. Most of us installing exhausts on our cars usually loose the low end power in the want of higher torque and hp on the power curve. Enlarging the displacement will definitely change the whole car...

The question is will it be worth it? Heck, for that much money ($55,000 quoted from Cargraphic) I would have gotten the SW 3.9L conversion along with the best suspension components, 18" wheels and slick tires and brake upgrades...

Old 03-14-2010, 03:38 AM
unique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud ofunique has much to be proud of
sw 3.9 ftw...

Old 03-14-2010, 08:14 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Yep, the Sharkwerks 3.9 is a great alternative.