Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Rumors say that Audi R8 V10 is the fastest production car around Nurburgring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 03:14 PM
Zeus has a spectacular aura aboutZeus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by sideWays_swe
The German Magazine Auto motor & Sport is saying that the new 535hp Audi R8 v10 has beaten the ZR-1 on the ring, AMS is a very reliable magazine and would not make this up if it there was no truth in it. I´ve also heard that Porsche is coming with a faster GT2 model with 600hp just to be number 1 on the list again. This is getting out of hand, this times that the cars run now is så f-ing fast! But i love it!
This can never get out of hand. Maybe in 50 years, when production cars can do under a 5 minute ‘Ring lap – then maybe, just maybe they’ll be fast enough. I’d trade in any daily driver for a bicycle before I ever want to see these cars disappear.

Nothing but pure rumors so far though. I hope it turns out to be true for both the R8 V10 & the GT2. The R8 V10 will probably need a form of DSG to reach those times. I would like to see Lexus enter the fray with their LF-A before people start giving up on it as well. Whatever happened to it and it’s supposed 7:24 time?

Just the fact that this rumor started made my whole frickin’ day. As long as manufacturers engineer such works of art, I’ll reserve a little hope for the human race…

Old 07-28-2008, 04:18 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
The LF-A time was not a street car, it was a race car built to test in an endurance race. Of course it does share a lot of parts with the street car, but that time will never likely be released as official by toyota because it was not a street car.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Slick //M is infamous around these partsSlick //M is infamous around these parts
Sounds like it's time to put my deposit on the R8 v10.

I haven't driven the v8 model yet,...I'm 6'5, and worried if I'll fit.....any tall guys drive the R8 yet?

Old 07-28-2008, 09:45 PM
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
HA HA HA! I love every notion that getting on the waiting list for any of these futue super-beasts will satisfy anyone's need to be the fastest, baddest m-fer there is. By the time the car arrives, there will be another future-beast beating the time of the prized waiting list car. I had a deposit on a DBS, about to pick colors when the first spy pick of the DBS convertible surfaced. I called my dealer and bought my Vantage Roadster from their showroom floor with a discount. I'm sure when a time frame for the DBS Convertible comes to pass a newer, faster, badder Aston will be in research.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:12 PM
porschegsm is infamous around these parts
This car is going to be a monster!!!

I wonder how much over list it will bring?

Old 07-28-2008, 10:53 PM
◡ KUZU◕7◕ is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
The LF-A time was not a street car, it was a race car built to test in an endurance race. Of course it does share a lot of parts with the street car, but that time will never likely be released as official by toyota because it was not a street car.

the 7:24 was reported by bystanders long before that race prepped LF-A showed up.

Last edited by ◡ KUZU◕7◕; 07-28-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Pipper6speed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by porschegsm
This car is going to be a monster!!
I wonder how much over list it will bring?
$0 if you order it from a dealer. I don't know anyone who ordered from a dealer and waited that didn't get the V8 for MSRP. If you wake up Monday morning and decide you want one Tuesday, well then you might have to fork over a pretty premium.

Old 07-29-2008, 04:32 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Are you saying that is the race prepped or non race prepped version?

Originally Posted by ◡ KUZU◕7◕
the 7:24 was reported by bystanders long before that race prepped LF-A showed up.

Old 07-30-2008, 03:16 AM
◡ KUZU◕7◕ is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Are you saying that is the race prepped or non race prepped version?

^^ race prepped version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkWJs6gqYWw

stock will look like this:

Old 07-30-2008, 07:44 AM
Zeus has a spectacular aura aboutZeus has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ◡ KUZU◕7◕
^^ race prepped version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkWJs6gqYWw

stock will look like this:

^^^
Oh hell no... I can see the "race" version looking like this, but production? Looks like they riced it out with the latest aero mods from the fast & furious speed shop down the road.

You can't tell me with today's tech, billions of dollars, and teams of design & engineers, they couldn't come closer to having the production car look much closer to the concept. Time will tell I suppose...

Last edited by Zeus; 07-30-2008 at 07:47 AM.