GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Norcal vs SoCal: August 22nd Private Porsche Track Day for Porsches/6Speed Members

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 07:49 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Norcal vs SoCal: August 22nd Private Porsche Track Day for Porsches/6Speed Members

Hi guys/gals,

Sorry to break it you but I do not feel comfortable going through with the event. I know the notice was too short for many of you but it's proving to be very difficult to get all of the necessary track equipment, insurance, workers, instructors, meals and extras done in time. I don't want to put any of you at risk and I think on my part it was probably just unrealistic to organize such an event with only 7 days. I'm going to be giving each of the seven guys that paid a full refund and a phone call to explain the situation. Please accept my appologies and for the future I'm going to set aside at least 2 months to enable to proper planning. Enthusiasm looks to have gotten the better of me this time

Sorry and let's hope for better next time!

UPDATE: August 17th. If you haven't yet paid and have reserved a spot, please do so. We've only had 8 people pay thus far so it's not looking good on that front. Once again, I know this is VERY short notice. The event can't go ahead unless we have the full backing of insurance, ambulance services etc (I'm calling around for catering and flag workers).... and enough people.

Please either call in on 650-381-0000 or paypal sales@akkuratpgi.com

Hi guys/gals,

After having such a fun day at Thunderhill we were toying with having another track event before the year ends. As luck would have it, an opportunity came up to do it on a Weekend of all things! So we snapped it up again. I'm going to get to the point here and fast because we have limited spots open for August 22nd, which is a Sunday instead of a week day. I know the notice is short but Buttonwillow just off of the I-5 in central California is a fun/safe track (I like it even more than Thunderhill) and to be able do this on a Sunday is highly unusual due to a cancellation. As I said we're keeping this small in order to maximize on-track time and hence there aren't many open slots left. If you want to sign up just drop me a line to alex@akkuratpgi.com or just respond to this thread. I'd love to see some of the Norcal meets Socal since it's not far from LA (that means you Tyson!).

So far on the list we have:
THE CHICKEN
Fred
Robyn
Kirby
Me
Sean (seh1)
Brian
George
James
Dave P
Dave H
Tyronne
Doug Blessing
Kevin Reynolds
Pete F
Pete T
Ken
Hamman7
Richard Abbott - GT2
AndyW

Just FYI it takes about 2 hours 30 mins (slightly less than Thunderhill) from San Jose and about 1.5 hours from LA.

Of course we can cover the track inspections and all of that...

The cost is $185 per person. Payment can be done via Paypal to sales@akkuratpgi.com or with VISA/AMEX/Mastercard by calling in to 650-381-0000,

Thanks and hurry while space is open....

126 miles north of downtown Los Angeles
196 miles south of San Jose
28 miles northwest of Bakersfield
1/2 miles west of I-5 on Lerdo Highway
60 miles from Paso Robles "Wine Country" and gateway to central coast recreation

HOTEL INFO:
RobynC did some leg work and got us a killer rate under "6speed". These are brand new rooms, courtyard view, triple A approved (balla approved) and $45 a night. Just you're part of "6Speed" when you call to make the reservation...Robyn set aside 20 rooms. Queen deluxe, two queens or king rooms available.

WILLOW INN
20645 Tracy Rd.
Buttonwillow, CA 93206
661-764-5121
David Webb - Gen. Manager

Track Facts
Look here for some info about the track:
http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com/trackmaps.htm

Last edited by sharkster; 08-18-2004 at 05:59 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:43 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
could a C5 show up. If so what's thre ruling on convertables for the day?

I'd love to get our CRX up to willow but don't think I'll have the new tranny in time

Old 08-14-2004, 11:08 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
does BW have a sound maximum db level?

Old 08-14-2004, 11:27 AM
Ken
Ken is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the roughKen is a jewel in the rough
also, how many run groups and how many cars per group?

Old 08-14-2004, 03:42 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Ken
does BW have a sound maximum db level?
Nopes it's in the middle of nowhere so come all loud

Old 08-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Ken
also, how many run groups and how many cars per group?
We'll set that up closer to the time but we're not looking to run more than 8-10 cars at a time. Less traffic is better of course

It will be the same old beginner, medium and expert...

Old 08-14-2004, 09:55 PM
Ken
paypal payment sent - see you there

Old 08-14-2004, 09:55 PM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
oh man i wanna go soooo bad!! my flight doesn't get in until 2pm on the 22nd though

Old 08-15-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Ken
paypal payment sent - see you there
Glad to have you with us Ken! Looks like SoCal is going to be well represented

Old 08-15-2004, 11:56 AM
Code Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to behold
I think that I can go!

Old 08-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Sweet CodeRed

Old 08-16-2004, 09:06 AM
Jack(LA) is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by sharkster
We'll set that up closer to the time but we're not looking to run more than 8-10 cars at a time. Less traffic is better of course

It will be the same old beginner, medium and expert...
Alex: Are you trying to get a minimum of 24 and a maximum of 30 cars?

Old 08-16-2004, 05:10 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 will become famous soon enoughHamann7 will become famous soon enough
I will try to round up some people.

Old 08-16-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Hamann7
I will try to round up some people.
Thanks Tyson, you're the hardcore SoCal guy so I'll be relying on ya

Old 08-16-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Jack(LA)
Alex: Are you trying to get a minimum of 24 and a maximum of 30 cars?
Hi Jack, I think we'll try to do 35-40 tops.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Norcal vs SoCal: August 22nd Private Porsche Track Day for Porsches/6Speed Members